Magic Works Milton Bradley

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
Pete1805

Magic Works Milton Bradley

Post by Pete1805 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:39 am

Snapshot_20150325_1.JPG
The Guardian of the Grave guides the player to his coffin. The Guardian tells you to move him to any grave, then tells you how many spaces to move. You decide where! The Guardian tells you a grave is empty. Take it away! He’ll tell you to move him and remove graves until there’s only one left. The coffin is always inside the last grave that’s left. Wow -- how does the ghoulish Guardian do it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Magic Works Milton Bradley

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:11 am

It's a lovely trick indeed. Some other versions exist, even Tenyo made a version with a tape. I've actually never performed my Guardian Of The Grave, perhaps Eastern is a good opportunity, but I'll use chocolate eggs, one of them containing a 'secret' filling perhaps :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Never heard of this one, so thanks for mentioning Pete! Kind of horror mentalism isn't it? :)

BillD

Post by BillD » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:07 am

Check out the Wellington Enterprise elite version.....excellent quality.....but expensive.

http://www.wellingtonent.com/products/guardian.html

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:17 am

I like that easter idea,with the eggs,i suppose you could use a lot of situations,haloween,christmas etc :D

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:21 am

BillD wrote:Check out the Wellington Enterprise elite version.....excellent quality.....but expensive.

http://www.wellingtonent.com/products/guardian.html
Very nice but far to expensive for me i could buy 2 Magic Wagon tricks for that :D

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:40 pm

I love the Milton Bradley: Magic Works stuff. Such nostalgia.

Now, of the 3 electronic Magic Works that were released, Guardian of the Grave, from what I have seen, is THE one to get a hold of.

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I can appreciate the ingenuity of the effect. Good pick!

And nice idea on the Easter eggs.
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Actually Brett, the best of the three, at least according to people I know and own all three electronic devices, is Spirit In The Coffin, it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out and extremely clever! However, it is very, very delicate, and a lot of used ones don't work as they should. Even new ones tend to break easily :(
Also, it is the hardest to get, so if you want one, start saving since they come up for sale only once in a while and tend to sell for quite a lot, unless you're lucky of course :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:19 pm

I also like Spirit in the Coffin the best. No one has ever figured it out even after I gave them all day to examine it. I haven't had one break yet but I try to be pretty careful with it just in case.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:52 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Actually Brett, the best of the three, at least according to people I know and own all three electronic devices, is Spirit In The Coffin, it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out and extremely clever! However, it is very, very delicate, and a lot of used ones don't work as they should. Even new ones tend to break easily :(
Also, it is the hardest to get, so if you want one, start saving since they come up for sale only once in a while and tend to sell for quite a lot, unless you're lucky of course :)
Oops. I have made a mistake. I could have sworn it was GotG.

That is good information to know about 'Spirit. I looked up on good ol Ebay and sure enough, one in package goes for quite a lot.
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:51 pm

This afternoon I saw that all three tricks are available on Themagicgadgetsite. They are not new in package but the owner tested them and they all work fine. And he is a very reliable person to deal with.

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:38 am

Yes David I have bought off him before some Tricks . co Japan very reliable :D