This one baffled me...

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
BillD

Re: This one baffled me...

Post by BillD » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:31 am

Hi Simon, I have now also received my Dice Tower and it is truly a superb piece of work. The quality of the workmanship is fantastic and the extra bits are the icing on the cake. It is an absolute pressure to own and to perform. I am very pleased to have this item as part of my magic collection....many thanks.
Bill.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:02 am

Buddha Papers, yes, but with some extra twists :) I like this and actually had to watch two times before I saw what happened.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:38 am

that's really cool, Im at work at the moment so can't watch it too much but that's my evening sorted out :)
Now you see me...

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:24 am

Nice twist"s" on an old classic. I like the two folds per paper in this version. Thanks for posting!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 am

Really niceee....3 changes....my processor is little bit to late today, I need more than 2 times watching the demo to figure out on how it works. Thanks for sharing David ;)

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Just received my Dice Tower yesterday and absolutely love it! Best magic purchase I’ve made in a while.
This is one of those tricks that you can’t stop playing with. I had the same joy when I first got my hands on Tenyo’s “Ninja Experiment.” This is simply a great piece to have in miniature.

Thanks for all the work you put into this Simon!!!

Kirk

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Totally agree with you Kirk!

Simon what a great job you did by making this item so good-looking, so perfect-working, and with that very smart gimmick makes the illusion even more difficult to understand for the specs!

This works like a dream, and yes, like Kirk said, real fun to play with!

And I was also surprised by the well-written instructions, nicely printed! Nothing can actually go wrong with that!

So yes, a big thank you for making this little clever gem Simon!
IMG_20150205_212644~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Thank you gents, thrilled you're happy with your tricks, it makes me very happy :)
Enjoy!
Now you see me...

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:43 am

Unique Coins Across routine......or is it ;)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=15 ... 73&fref=nf

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Absolutely fantastic and super original coins across routine! Or should I say cards across? :)
Thanks for sharing... With this kind of thinking old tricks can become new and unexpectedly surprising!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:51 pm

When the first card dissapeared I was like ... WTF? I Paused and watched again :lol:

Great performance, but not exactly easy to do!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:50 pm

That is swish! I almost don't want to watch it again and just enjoy the mystery!
Now you see me...

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:49 pm

When he brings his left hand up from behind the table there is a card in his hand at 0.36 which i think has a flapseen it a few times in slo mo

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:17 am

SimonC wrote:Thanks for the nice feedback guys :) I'm really pleased with how this has worked out, it's a very workable trick. Pete I like your idea about the rounded corners and I did try it actually but I found that the sharper edges had more visual impact. My main aim was to create a high contrast throughout the trick to give the final reveal maximum impact. My initial thought to have coloured dots worked but fell a little flat so I went back to scratch and decided on a black/white theme throughout (including the case and lids) to make the final colour really jump out. (It's why I wore a white shirt in the clip too!) a bit like the bit in the wizard of Oz where it's suddenly all in colour.
I finished cutting all of the components today and am hoping to do a large chunk of assembly this weekend.
I have cut enough for seven sets so there will be seven available in the batch.
I've worked out a price and they come out at £75 GBP (this price includes postage anywhere in the galaxy)
I will provisionally put three aside for Pete, Rob and BillD, if you guys change your mind just drop me a PM.
So that leaves 4 sets left, if anyone is interested just drop me a PM and I'll put one aside for you.
Thanks again for all your feedback and support :)
Si

Thanks to John for pointing this out...
Please note in the clip there appears to be a little discrepancy in the dots of the larger die. This is due to me mixing up a part from my final design with one of my prototypes.
Greetings Simon,

I would be thrilled to have one of these. I am a BIG fan of the effect, and want to support your wonderful work. Please count me in on this.

Bob~
and now, on with the show ...

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:00 pm

PeterW wrote:Unique Coins Across routine......or is it ;)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=15 ... 73&fref=nf
Amazing and beautiful. It was stunning to watch- thanks for sharing!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:28 am

Could this be fairest versión of this trick? (even more tan the Mikame one):

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:21 pm

Roberto, I have been on the fence in the past about this effect. I own several kind of these block-through-wand effects because they intrigue me. I am saving to order the Vampire Block Escape (or 'Visible Vampire') in the future by the way (your video has something to do with it ;) ).
However after reading several comments on TMC (http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... &forum=218) I have decided not to buy this version. The block may not be examined fully and it is 'finicky'. Some moves are necessary to pull this one off. I think, as so many magic tricks, on video this looks awesome, but in a real life situation this might be much less impressive.

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:06 am

Roberto B. wrote:Could this be fairest versión of this trick? (even more tan the Mikame one):

Funny you posted this Roberto, I just purchased Cambell's Cube Off see here

It is very well priced and I got it here for $35.00 U.S.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/MB4808/Cam ... e-Off.html

The effect is good and my version I find I can hit the top very hard and not have the cube drop, but if I give the tube a soft hit on my lower hand the cube drops perfectly. It's not a bad version for the price, although you can't show inside the tube when the cube is on the wand like in the version you posted, but the large holes in the tube sell the fact that the cube is locked on the wand anyway.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:30 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Roberto, I have been on the fence in the past about this effect. I own several kind of these block-through-wand effects because they intrigue me. I am saving to order the Vampire Block Escape (or 'Visible Vampire') in the future by the way (your video has something to do with it ;) ).
However after reading several comments on TMC (http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... &forum=218) I have decided not to buy this version. The block may not be examined fully and it is 'finicky'. Some moves are necessary to pull this one off. I think, as so many magic tricks, on video this looks awesome, but in a real life situation this might be much less impressive.
Yes the cube from "Visible Vampire" is very different form any one on the marked....very clever and more complicated than you would think based on the other similar effects.....but....not for close uo.

I also haven't bought the Astor one......it still has me baffled.....but don't convince me.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:32 am

PeterW wrote:
Roberto B. wrote:Could this be fairest versión of this trick? (even more tan the Mikame one):

Funny you posted this Roberto, I just purchased Cambell's Cube Off see here

It is very well priced and I got it here for $35.00 U.S.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/MB4808/Cam ... e-Off.html

The effect is good and my version I find I can hit the top very hard and not have the cube drop, but if I give the tube a soft hit on my lower hand the cube drops perfectly. It's not a bad version for the price, although you can't show inside the tube when the cube is on the wand like in the version you posted, but the large holes in the tube sell the fact that the cube is locked on the wand anyway.
Yes the big difference with the Astor tick is that you can show the cube lying on the bottom of the tube.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:37 pm

I think the Mikame Final Penetration is the best one of this type. It is also completely examinable and easy to do!

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:31 am

Thanks John for your comments on Mikame's Final Penetration. I did some research on the effect and I had to watch the Youtube video of this effect several times before I clued into how I think it was being done. If my thinking is correct its "simply" brilliant in how it works. I can see how this effect can be created so that handing it out to the audience will allow a good examination with (almost) zero chance of the spectators figuring out how it is done. The one "move" that it requires is so clean and innocent and that makes it a brilliant effect!

It's amazing how some of the best magic is done with the most simplest of ideas!!! Yeah I now wish I had purchased this version over the version I bought : )

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:13 am

just did the same as you Peter, watched it a couple of times then it clicked. elegant in its simplicity :)
Now you see me...

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 am

Watched it a few times not clicked yet :D

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Simon and Peter, are you guys sure you know how FP works, because I wouldn't call the method and especially the gimmicks 'simple' actually :)