This one baffled me...

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: This one baffled me...

Post by SimonC » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 am

Cheers Victor, I love it too, Im always surprised how well it goes down as the secret seemed a bit simple to me but I think its the simplicity and the story that really sell it. I was a bit disappointe when I realised I had the mandolin back set at first as I only use red bikes but I am a musician myself so I wove that into the story and made the deck its own bag so it is a stand-alone effect.

I saw one of those mirror puzzles at the weekend in town Im going to see if they still have it, it was the mona lisa. If anyone wants one let me know...
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 am

Yes I want the Mona Lisa! I mean of course, dear Simon, if you go to town, and if they are still available, would you please be so kind to buy an extra one for me? The Mona Lisa would be great, but if they don't have it, an other would be great too!

By the way Simon, for your interest and probably for the interest of other members, I discovered a great magic Webshop that sells an amazing amount of very cool tricks for very low prices.They even have the Traveling cubes. And this Webshop is from the UK!
www.mreenterprises.co.uk

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:13 am

:)
Last edited by VictorS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:16 am

SimonC wrote:Cheers Victor, I love it too, Im always surprised how well it goes down as the secret seemed a bit simple to me but I think its the simplicity and the story that really sell it. I was a bit disappointe when I realised I had the mandolin back set at first as I only use red bikes but I am a musician myself so I wove that into the story and made the deck its own bag so it is a stand-alone effect.

I saw one of those mirror puzzles at the weekend in town Im going to see if they still have it, it was the mona lisa. If anyone wants one let me know...
Yes Simon,as a magician, it is very common for us to see such gaff playing cards. But for the laymen,the impact is so strong. It is out of their logic to see an angle move from 1 side to the other side of playing card because playing card is a very common daily object. It looks like real magic. Comparing with us as magician performing tenyo tricks, it is common for the laymen to see tenyo as magician props. So the psychological impact is weaker, although the effect is also very strong for the audience. 1 simple thing, Have you ever shown laymen a one way forcing deck without performing it ? It is already a big surprise to see such unusual deck for laymen. So the magical impact is already happened ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:28 pm

I've found these in town, one side Mona Lisa the other The Girl with the Pearl Earring. it has a little bit about Mark Setteducati on the instructions I didn't realise he'd invented it!
it folds down into a flat case too which is handy :)
Now you see me...

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Glad you got Twilight Angels Simon! It is one of Paul Harris' favorite tricks.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 am

forgot the pic...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 am

Very2 nice Simon....it is something that you should have or you will regret ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:57 am

Very very cool!!!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:11 pm

This one still baffles me!
IMG_20140817_235651.jpg
This is the trick from Jenzo Harmonics where the coin reverses after throwing it on top.
I however only have a prototype of this trick. And I am boggling my mind to find out how that's done...
Simon, will you ever put this on the Magic market?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:14 am

This is the one that stumped tenyo :) I could do yes, It would take some development but I don't see why not. Tenyo said if I could build the same effect into a different trick (ie not base it around coin and match) then they'd be interested. For now you'll have to keep your thinking cap on :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:26 pm

We talked a whole ago of Trix Perfect Cigarette Thru
http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pro ... ts_id/1528

I purchased this, but it was a disappointment to me. The gimmick is not so clever, and the handling takes a lot of sleight of hand.
I don't know if Roberto bought this too, if not, I can't really recommend it.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:57 pm

I didn't bought it.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:31 pm

How about this effect, this baffles me really:
Die-Namic by Martin Lewis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxwcx_EACKA
Looks an impossible effect, or are there members who know more about this?

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Ah no, by watching for the 2nd time this one baffles me no more :) I see how it's done...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Ah no, by watching for the 2nd time this one baffles me no more :) I see how it's done...
I like the idea using the Bill Rob...it is very natural....the 1st one just looked like Squeeze Play using fingers :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:56 am

Yes you're right Victor... The idea is great, because the first time I watched it it looked like a miracle to me!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:19 pm

No idea how he does this.....he doesn't touch the bag....it stay in spectator hands all the time....baffled:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:34 pm

I have this trick, it's a bit of a sneaky edit as the magician does touch the bag ;)
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:35 pm

I had a nice version called this 'that and the other' which has a good prediction as the ending
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Oh my God I love those kind of tricks!!! Looks ordinary and I suppose it more or less is! Thanks for sharing Roberto!

It's in this set I believe: http://www.marvinsmagic.com/mind_blowin ... _P611.html . Costs 9,99 GBP / 13 EURO / 16 USD, so it can't be something very cleverly gimmicked I suppose :)

I am very, very tempted to buy this set. If the video is actually as a performance goes and he doesn't have to touch the bag (and just needs to occsaionaly look at it?) this beats a LOT of more expensive tricks. Wonderfull :) Reminds me of a trick called 'Feel a colour' by Royal Magic, but this one seems to be better!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Ok, was typing the previous message, had a nice cool Ricard with the wife, came back and after a few grammatical/spelling adjustments, pressed SUBMIT and only then saw Simon's post.

Nasty video editing it seems :( Is it worth the price of the set Simon? Or should I save my money?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:04 pm

I misread that a Richard for about a minute before I realised it said Ricard. I was like " a nice cool Richard with the wife?!" What the hell does that mean and why is he telling us?! I like Ricard tho, it's absinthe without the wormwood. I'll take the absinthe if it's there tho, yummy.
So back to the trick, I think it IS feel a colour and they just edited it. I can easily make this (maybe not the bag) but I'm sure you can find it cheaper than £10. "This that or the other " is a much better variation in my opinion, if you'd like me to post an explaination in the members only thread let me know, I could also easily make one of these
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Thank you Simon for clarifying that......so a new case of fake adevertisement......too bad......I was excited about the trick and the price!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Well every cloud has a liver lining Roberto.. It reminded me of a trick I have "this that and nothing" (I got the name wrong earlier) I think I've come up with a routine that would work which I could post on here which you'd be able to make yourself. I'll try it out in the morning and hopefully it'll work :)
Now you see me...