This one baffled me...

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
BobD
Charter Member

Re: This one baffled me...

Post by BobD » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 pm

The paper bag has a window at the back.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:18 pm

I think the spectator tube has a peeking system.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:06 pm

that's a really nude touch giving each die one number on all six sides. it has added impact at the end that you have matched colour as well as orientation.
nice trick.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:50 am

Agree with BobD....this is classic paper bag with window.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 pm

SimonC wrote:that's a really nude touch giving each die one number on all six sides. it has added impact at the end that you have matched colour as well as orientation.
nice trick.
I meant to write 'nice touch' not 'nude touch' Freudian slip there I think.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 pm

SimonC wrote:
I meant to write 'nice touch' not 'nude touch' Freudian slip there I think.
Sorry, I meant to write Freudian Tit. Wait...
Now you see me...

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:45 pm

BobD wrote:The paper bag has a window at the back.
i agree with you Bob the secret is on the paper bag...
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:02 pm

I love those dice, with the black outline, very visual. It's almost a shame it's so easy as a hole in a bag but then some of the simplest tricks are the sneakiest
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue May 13, 2014 7:21 am

This was the second trick I ordered from Seo (I'm talking about Dice Escape) and it's a winner. Very clever :)

I did notice when I opened my package the gimmick was 'sticking out a bit' so I immediately knew how it worked (which took away part of the fun :( ). I pushed on it and it's 'sticking' in the correct place now.

I do seriously wonder how long this will last after several performances ... . Rob and Roberto, did you use yours often in the past and is the gimmick still in excellent shape, or does it become 'bent' ... ?

By the way, another product I ordered from Seo was Chain Thru by KREIS - there is no manual and I haven't had the time to check the DVD yet ... . I did play with the thing a few minutes and am baffled ... I still haven't got an idea how this one works!!! I love that :D

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Killer.....I haven't use the DicEscape so often so I don't know......but as you I'm pretty sure that it will not last forever.

The good thing is that the material is easily available (usually used for coorporative gifts, wine packages and other)......so maybe it can be replaced.

I can email you the Chain Thru instructions .........(together with a pending one for Jaime).

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue May 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks Roberto, I just watched the explanation of Chain Thru ... WOW! I didn't see 'the thing' ;)

Good to see there is material available that can possibly replace the existing one, we'll see in the future if we need it and if it works.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Chain Thru intrigued me too but I thought the gimmick would easily be seen... So that's not the case, nice.!
There is now another interesting item Cigarette through chip from Trix, also at Seo Magic. I can't imagine that the prop is totally examinable... Yet the description says it is.
Did anyone order this one?

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Tue May 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi Roberto and David,

Is the Chain Thru fully examinable?

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

John B. wrote:Hi Roberto and David,

Hi John,I saw this in german version but I'm not sure if it is the same one with Kreis production. In german version,you were delivered with 2 nuts. Normal and prepared. The bold and the chain are totally unprepared. So all parts totally examinable at the end. There was one excellent move to switch the nut and misdirect the spec. Unfortunately I didn't own this prop.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed May 14, 2014 2:17 am

John B. wrote:Hi Roberto and David,

Well I did not see anything fishy while inspecting it but I didn't know what to look for of course. So you can casually let the spectator thread the string on nut and bolt and you're pretty safe I believe.

Yesterday I did 'the wife' test. She put the nut on the bolt, and string through the holes. Then I dissembled it and did the same but this time the bolt came loose (I had to try a few times because I didn't practice - shame on me, I know!) She asked me she could have a closer look and tried again a few times and she found the secret :) But my wife has seen everything, trust me, so it's no surprise she found the secret.

So not 100% examinable, but I wouldn't worry too much, especially if you let them try first. But after you perfomed it I wouldn't give it out again for examination because they know what happens and could have an idea how it could work :)

By the way I also got the Queens Escape (which most of you guys know how it works because it has been produced several times) by Onosaka and she did NOT figure out how it works, even after several performances :) I did not let her try however, no need for that :) She asked me, begged me to show her the secret and eventually, ... I did NOT :twisted:

About Chain Thru, this is something that is in my opinion very hard to produce, you will NOT be able to make this yourself unless you are a very skilled engineer with a lot of materials and machines at hand. And it's pretty cheap for what you get I believe.

Rob, the Cigarette Thru by TRIX seems great, unfortunately I did not see it and did not order it :( Completely examinable? I doubt it too ... but I can't see the performer taking anything away or change the chip. The cigarette is borrowed so that can't be gimmicked either. Hmmm ... seems to be very clever! But perhaps, as so often, it is something when you have it in your hands you're like 'THAt's IT?' ... I don't know!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed May 14, 2014 2:39 am

ahh the wife test, I know that one :)
mrs craze hated magic when we first met. she's still not crazy about it but is my first port of call when trying out something new. if it fools her, I'm onto a winner
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed May 14, 2014 2:46 am

SimonC wrote:ahh the wife test, I know that one :)
mrs craze hated magic when we first met. she's still not crazy about it but is my first port of call when trying out something new. if it fools her, I'm onto a winner
You are not alone Simon, we have similar type of lady in our life ;) :D

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed May 14, 2014 2:57 am

vsuperanto wrote:
SimonC wrote:ahh the wife test, I know that one :)
You are not alone Simon, we have similar type of lady in our life ;) :D
That makes three of us. Mine also isn't what you call 'enthousiastic' if I want to show her something :P

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed May 14, 2014 5:32 am

My wife always loves it when I perform a trick, and she just wants to be surprised and never wants to know the secret... But when she sees something suspicious she let's me know! :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed May 14, 2014 8:15 am

Just watched the Cigarette Thru trick again and there is some fiddling going on there ... . Anyhow, not my cup of tea I believe, although I don't know how it is done exactly.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed May 14, 2014 11:10 am

No clue about the Perfect Cigarette Thru......I like it!!!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed May 14, 2014 1:08 pm

As always, I'm waiting a performance by you Roberto before buying it ;)

Just found a cheap Penny Smasher too by the way, gonna order it :D

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed May 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Is a cute Little trick the Penny Smasher....good that you find one considering that is no longer available.

I haven't bought many magic in the last weeks .......my last purchase was the Magic Wagon Emperor Ring Cabinet......received las week and I still don't open it!!!!.......probably this weekend will do....

There are a few tricks from Seo that I'm considering to buy................ the Perfect Cigarette Thru is now on the list.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed May 14, 2014 2:35 pm

I enhanced my S.S. Adams Penny Smasher with golden stickers that I got at the craft store.

I also painted an S.S. Adams Spike Through Coin and replaced the plastic disk with a genuine coin.

At the craft store I also bought some balsa wood and made the paddle and added a Felix the Cat decal.
enhanced_ssadams.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed May 14, 2014 7:31 pm

I love the result John!......specially with the Penny Smasher....looks very elegant.