Rob Rand and Magic Wagon's Ultimate Card Penetration

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
Steve S.

Rob Rand and Magic Wagon's Ultimate Card Penetration

Post by Steve S. » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:17 am

I ordered Magic Wagon's Ultimate Card Penetration and when it arrived, I was quite disappointed. First, I felt that the very long and very thin brass rod needed to be replaced. Second, after discovering the method, I wondered how I would pull this effect off successfully. It left me flat.

Then, I saw a demo of the effect where he replaced the rod with something more substantial and displays were added to enhance the presentation and I really liked that! I felt somewhat better about it and thought I should look for displays and give it a chance.

A little while after that, I saw Rob Rand's presentation of the effect where he also replaced the rod with something better and incorporated other things creating a wonderful routine and making it a million times better! Way to go Rob! A brilliant combination of effects resulting in an interesting and complete magical presentation.

I have a card box but not that changing card effect so I need to acquire one of those. Replacing the rod is easy because you can use a prop from another Magic Wagon product as was done in one demo or a sturdy metal dagger as Rob used.

Thank you Rob for sharing your routine. A job well done... :)
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Rob Rand and Magic Wagon's Ultimate Card Penetration

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:15 pm

Well, thank you Steve! Yes,I had Rob Bromley's Simplex Monte and immediately thought this gimmicked card could be useful to incorporate in the Card Penetration effect. Then I started to come up with the somewhat childish story including the switch card box. And the beautiful sword of course. (Actually a letter opener.) In real performance you can make the story more elaborate.

By the way, if you are a bit clever in making gimmicked cards, you can make that Bromley card yourself :)
If you have Rubber Dental Dam...

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:46 pm

Rob Rand wrote:By the way, if you are a bit clever in making gimmicked cards, you can make that Bromley card yourself :)
If you have Rubber Dental Dam...
Woukd you happen to know what thickness is required? I am pretty sure that I can get some from my dentist. If you can provide me with the method for making the card, I would certainly appreciate it!

Thank you Rob.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Will send you a PM Steve :)