Lubor's Gift - An Alternative Parabox?

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
Ron Leshem

Lubor's Gift - An Alternative Parabox?

Post by Ron Leshem » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:58 am

Forgive me because I don't own either Lubor's Gift or Parabox, but I recently came across the former here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4189

As this shares the same inventor and a similar magical effect as Parabox, I was wondering whether there is a way to essentially use Lubor's Gift to perform a larger scale version of Parabox. Obviously the performer would have to add sponge balls, but Parabox is rather hard to find and it might be fun to have a larger scale version for certain circumstances. Is there anybody familiar with both tricks that can tell me whether Lubor's Gift is adaptable in this way?

ØyvindK

Re: Lubor's Gift - An Alternative Parabox?

Post by ØyvindK » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:30 am

They are the same trick, yes. Just (very) different sizes. Lubor's gift is made of cardboard (as far as I can tell, I don't own it), which may cause you issues when trying to compress large sponge balls. I'd imagine it would create suspicious bulges, or even ruptures to the cardboard.

Ron Leshem

Re: Lubor's Gift - An Alternative Parabox?

Post by Ron Leshem » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:18 pm

ØyvindK wrote:Lubor's gift is made of cardboard (as far as I can tell, I don't own it), which may cause you issues when trying to compress large sponge balls. I'd imagine it would create suspicious bulges, or even ruptures to the cardboard.
That's a very helpful piece of speculation actually. I can't help but wonder whether it would be possible to reinforce the cardboard in certain sensitive locations to allow for the compressed sponges without altering the inner workings. Hopefully somebody with first-hand knowledge will eventually chime in, and if not, it may be worth taking the plunge on Lubor's Gift seeing as how it is still a fun object, even if it lacks a certain 'wow' factor.