magic wagon for sale

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
Peter G
Charter Member

magic wagon for sale

Post by Peter G » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I haven't dealt with this dealer but for the ones interested in magic wagon, can be an opportunity...
http://www.oldmagicprops.com/rareCollectiblesPg11.htm

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: magic wagon for sale

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Well well, Diceolation for about twice the prize .... $ 650,-... So you won't have to wait 50 years before you can ask these prices... A couple of months is enough :)
Glad I already own Diceolation. And, will these prices increase over the years???

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:14 am

A Diceolation was just sold for 600 USD on Themagiccafe (perhaps it's the same one that the seller posted on the other site).

The really good ones could increase in price. The 'bad' ones seem to decrease or just hold their value (perhaps this will not be the case in the long run if there are more collectors of Magic Wagon who just want to own all the tricks - a bit like Tenyo's old releases which often are more or less rubbish but still sell for crazy prices) - did you see some Ultimate Penetartion Frames sell for a lot less then MW's price the last couple of weeks?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:50 am

Still got my mint Bermuda Medallion if anyone wants to trade for a tenyo or two ;)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:58 am

David, I really don't understand why people don't like the Ultimate Penetration Frame. It works like a dream (unlike some Wonder Windows...and hey, don't these Wonder Windows look suspicious with the black parts left and right?)
I still like my UPF. And the beautiful wooden frame looks awesome (it has a reason: you must hold this item in a decent way).

But I believe I am the only person in the whole world who likes the UPF? I have no problem with that :-)

This item is not meant to be examinated. It's a Holy Window after all!

I just love this window, that's all.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:14 am

I believe there are several reasons Rob:

- some customers thought this would be a new, improved version of Wonder Window, and while it (probably) works in a similar manner it is not because it can't be examined;
- the handling is not what they expected,
- they already knew how it was done before they received it, so the 'WOW'-factor where you open a trick and find out the secret wasn't there;
- apparently the construction of the device or part of it is so-so from what I have read.

In other words, they expected too much of it.

I don't own the trick so I can't resemble it to Tenyo's WW. But I do agree WW looks a lot less appealing! Also, Wonder Window works exactly how I thought it would be when I first received the trick, the black bars gave the secret away. If I would have had the budget to buy UPF I would not have hesitated a second to be honest :)

I would love to see a performance video of it Rob, hint hint!