Queen's Escape by Ton Onosaka

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Queen's Escape by Ton Onosaka

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:41 am

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AASvhcmxJ4

This has got to be quite simple for that price, but I don't get it! I've seen a trick that uses perhaps the same principle before but can't remember what it was ... .

Anyone who knows how it works or already has this or a similar trick? Without revealing the secret, is it worth the 12 USD (+ shipping cost :cry: )?
It seems very easy to do and everything can be handed out for examination, but is this true?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Queen's Escape by Ton Onosaka

Post by SimonC » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:53 am

That's a very nice version of that trick, I've not seen it with the additional cord before. It usually comes with bigger magic sets. The secret is very easy to learn and do. £9 is about right if it was in a magic shop I'd say more like £4.99 online. But I'm a cheapass now I have a baby ;)
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:09 am

It is the classic Viz-Escape with the nice touch that the back of the card has printed the same pattern tan the case....this allow you to quickly show both sides:

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:25 am

That's it, thanks! I believe I know how it works after seeing the VIZ-Escape trick and Roberto's usefull comment ;)

ROB! I need you to make a nice copy of it! ;) Or perhaps I should give it a try if I have some time ... . Onosaka's version does look beautifull however, would be hard to make a copy for myself that works as fluently :?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:45 am

I agree I think this should be the next brother bor video. I bet the queen is wearing a bikini ;)
Now you see me...

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:34 am

This is a new version of an old effect found in several magic sets made during the seventies. In the older version, you cannot show both sides of the tube before the penetration.

The added effect uses the String thru Neck technique. The use of the ring makes the penetration easier and faster.

Another penetration effect using a similar but much improved method is here: http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pro ... cts_id/695

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 am

I'm not very impressed with this trick, saw it already yesterday, I like bigger challenges to make! Am I a snob now? Yes I am :shock:

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:12 am

queen's escape and viz-escape are the same principle with ''dracula escape''. very affordable and cool trick :)
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue May 13, 2014 7:18 am

Just got my order from Seo magic, and this was among the three tricks I purchased. I must say: very nicely made. Although I knew how it worked I'm very satisfied. Very clever you can (casually) show the back of the apparatus without anyone noticing what you're doing :)
As you can see in the video there's also a second routine included but I haven't had the time to figure out how to perform it. It seems an old principle but that's fine of course.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 pm

I like it can been shown both sides. It will be on my next order from SEO. I had Viz Esacpe when I was a kid this version looks much nicer and can show both sides.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"