Collectors alert: Zauberbutike's Art Theft Deluxe Edition

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Collectors alert: Zauberbutike's Art Theft Deluxe Edition

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:17 am

For everyone who likes beautifull micro magic and wants a special trick, Zauberbutike (E. Böttcher) recently relesaed a limited edition remake of Art Theft: http://www.zauber-butike.de/epages/Shop ... ucts/77009

Zauberbutike/E. Böttcher has become famous for wonderfull micro magic. And the price is pretty affordable too if you see what you get. This could be made by Magic Wagon but it would cost double or triple the price ZB is asking (99,95 EURO/137 USD).
Once all have been sold this will become a collectors item in the future, so not only is it a wonderfull trick, I'm pretty sure it will hold its value too.

Small review here: http://www.qualitymagicreviews.com/art- ... ettcher-2/

My order is placed.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Collectors alert: Zauberbutike's Art Theft Deluxe Editio

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:47 am

This is a great example of Mikromagische Kostbarkeiten, beautiful storytelling magic! Thanks for mentioning this David, I had not seen it before. My mind is screaming: order it! order it! Now! Let me see, do they accept Paypal? :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:54 am

And, they also have a beautiful version of Tenyo's Magic Painting: !!!

http://www.zauber-butike.de/epages/Shop ... ucts/77014

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:59 am

Thank you for the link. The prices of the products are reasonable.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:44 am

Rob Rand wrote:And, they also have a beautiful version of Tenyo's Magic Painting: !!!

http://www.zauber-butike.de/epages/Shop ... ucts/77014
Yes, I almost bought that one too - it would play well with Art Theft. But for now I didn't order it, I'm not sure if this uses the same principle as Tenyo's Magic Painting ... . If it is just nice cards and the routine consists of for example some flushtration counts I'm not interested. If it uses Tenyo's gimmick(s) I will buy it.

So anyone who buys the Mona Lisa trick let me know if it is a copy (more or less) of Tenyo's Magic Painting :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 am

PS There is another version of Magic Painting available which I own, it's exact the same as Tenyo but with a different painting, costs only about 15 euro, I believe I saw this at zaubertricks.com, yes found it, it's called Farbenspiel, for only 12,90 euro! See here:

http://zaubertricks.com/zaubertrickssho ... roduct=789

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:50 am

Very nice David. I saw it in Martin`s Magic Website. Martin has many good stuff in his collections.

http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=galle ... 3&chunk=12

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:58 am

I received my Arth Theft this week and am happy with it.

The effect has a nice routine and story. The way the effect is accomplished is nothing really new but it works. It uses two 'gimmicks'.

I am a bit surprised though about the quality of the items I received. There were two paintings that fell of the plates and two bars of the miniature stands (where the frame of the painting can stand on) were loose. While it isn't hard to fix them with some glue this shouldn't have happened ... if Zauberbutike would have used better glue there wouldn't be any problem. The miniature paintings are also cut out a bit too small but then again it is more or less necessary to accomplish the effect.
One other issue is one of my paintings is a litle bit bend, but perhaps with using the correct glue to attach it back to the thick plate it will be OK. I will try it out and if it doesn't work I will probably contact Zauberbutike. Or perhaps I should contact them right away ... not sure yet.
The (gimmicked) FBI case on the other hand works great and has some sort of locking mechanism which is a nice addition.
All is made from wood and that's great.
I also like the fact you can customize your box.

For 99 EURO I really can't complain. It's a very nice, different kind of effect for my collection.

Zauberbutike's/Böttcher's effect is basic, it can be made more interesting. What I mean is that I thought one thieve would capture the paintings (or one painting) but in reality all paintings were cut loose/stolen and there really isn't any point in having four thieves steal it.
I've been thinking about a routine with Tenyo's Unusual Suspects but I'm still working on it. It would require me to change the faces of the thieves but that can't be too difficult. What makes it more interesting in using Tenyo's Unusual Suspects is that the volunteer himself can choose who steals the pictures, and the thieve was locked away in Tenyo's Unusual Suspect case at the end of the routine.

Any of you guys bought this? If so, we should think about improving the routine, there are lot's of possibilities :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:45 am

I finally didn't buy this item, although it is a great story telling trick with beautifully made items. But maybe BobD ordered one?

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:55 am

Yes, I did but it will take quite a while for the package to arrive.

BTW, I just got to open Simon's Wooden Mirror Mate and the quality is excellent. It is ten times better than the original plastic Tenyo.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Very nice of you to say so bob! glad you like it and that it arrived with you safely. Robs went to the Netherlands via Malaysia for some reason!
I have one mirror mate left and have decided not to make any more batches of it.
Thanks again bob :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:37 pm

I totally agree with BobD. The paddle move works waaay better than with the plastic one! Plastic can't beat wood in this particular case! When I have practiced enough, I want to make a video of it! Of Simon's Mirror Mate of course! This is such a cool illusion!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:35 am

I got an e-mail from Zauberbutike a few days ago ... I was baffled!

Hello David,

this is Philipp from Zauber Butike in Germany. By accident i just came across your posting on funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum.

Let me say first: You can ALWAYS contact me if you have a problem with any of my products! Please dont hesitate to do so! For me as a magic dealer its always very important to hear about any potential problems...

There was indeed a problem with the glue used in some of the first copies of „Art Theft“. I'm very sorry that this has happened. I try my best to ensure a good quality at a still reasonable price. But if you pay € 99 for a trick, you should of course get a good quality item in return.

Anyway, i think it was very kind of you to express your concerns regarding the item in such a modest and fair way in a public discussion forum! Thats not the norm .... ;)

So to make a long story short: I will send you another complete set of "Art Theft" for free! (But please give me a few days to do so...)

Best regards from Munich/Germany,

Philipp

How's that for customer service!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:49 am

Wow.....so you will have that product double ? What a great service !!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:09 am

bravo!
Now you see me...

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:26 am

I received mine last week and had the same problem with the stands but they are easily glued. The effect is nice and the presentation is new but the quality of the frames and paintings are not so good. The price is quite reasonable for the props and the routine. I like the gimmick wallet that comes it although the quality may not be the best.

The other trick that I purchased was Chameleon Chips. I was expecting a European made product but what I got was one from India.