Paul Harris Wanted

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Paul Harris Wanted

Post by SimonC » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:27 am

Hello guys, I was having a conversation with John B about magic and he put me onto Paul Harris. I'd seen a lot of his effects before as well as effects made by his company but have only just started to investigate fully. I'm planning on sending some of my ideas to Paul Harris HQ which Tenyo have not taken up, as well as ideas such as greatest minds and houdins cards.
Before I trawl ebay, does anyone have either...
Deep Astonishment or Deep 3 that they would like to trade or sell (I still have a few tenyo tribute tricks left)
Any help would be gratefully received.
I'm drafting an email to PH HQ this afternoon and also awaiting a response from Tenyo about my latest submission.
Si
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Paul Harris Wanted

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:13 am

Yes I have Deep Astonishment. A great and clever effect. I even have the 2 versions, the one with the Tarot-like cards, and the one with normal cards. Yes Deep 3. I am willing to trade anyway Deep 3 the card version.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:17 am

brilliant thanks rob, ill pm you :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:34 am

Is Deep Astonishment suitable for Dutchspeaking people Rob?

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:36 am

Both effects are very strong but requires rehearsal. Properly presented these effects seems like miracles. Letters appear at the backs of playing cards to form words or initials thought of by the spectators. It can be performed in any language as long as it uses the same letters as the English alphabet.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:09 am

David, Bob's answer is correct.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:26 am

Thanks for the clarification!

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Simon,

I consider Paul Harris one of the best trick creators. His Art of Astonishment books are full of great staff. But it is very important to know that the tricks released by his company "Paul Harris presents" just have his name on them as a producer. Most of this tricks are quite good, others are OK. But my opinion is that the really great stuff is the one what was developed by him personally in the 70's and 80'-s.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:00 pm

cheers botond, I've been doing more and more research since john b put me onto them. I submitted 6 effects to Paul Harris Presents this week, fingers very much crossed!
Now you see me...

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:22 pm

As far as I know Titanas is the one who is in charge of selecting the tricks to be published. I wish you lot of success!
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:20 pm

SimonC wrote:Hello guys, I was having a conversation with John B about magic and he put me onto Paul Harris. I'd seen a lot of his effects before as well as effects made by his company but have only just started to investigate fully. I'm planning on sending some of my ideas to Paul Harris HQ which Tenyo have not taken up, as well as ideas such as greatest minds and houdins cards.
Before I trawl ebay, does anyone have either...
Deep Astonishment or Deep 3 that they would like to trade or sell (I still have a few tenyo tribute tricks left)
Any help would be gratefully received.
I'm drafting an email to PH HQ this afternoon and also awaiting a response from Tenyo about my latest submission.
Si
Simon. .....could you share the Tenyo feedback on the effects that they didn't taken up?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:11 pm

hi Roberto, forgot to reply to this sorry!
so far they felt Houdin's cards was too similar to rising card. (it's still one of my faves tho)
coin through match redux they could t work out which I was very happy about but they weren't interested in re-releasing an old trick. they did say if the method could be incorporated into something new they may be interested in that.
iTenyo they weren't interested in at all.
photo fit they said the would have taken on but had already committed to another effect involving making a face so felt it was too similar. bit bummed out about that as I missed the boat but the positive feedback was encouraging.
Which brings us up to date with Extra Sensory Perfection which I have recently submitted. I recently got an email saying they would be sharing it at their next meeting and that they hoped I would wait til then so fingers crossed!
I'm also waiting to hear from Bro Gilbert at Paul Harris Presents as my ideas have been passed onto him this last week. this is very surreal as I've just been watching his DVD for deep3, so I'm watching his tricks whilst he is watching (and hopefully not laughing at) mine.
Thanks Rob for Deep 3, I'm totally in love with it, I'm just about ready to go and road test it now. it's a cracking trick, I'd thoroughly recommend it. cheers again rob :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Glad you like Deep3 Simon. I stick to the Tarot like version. It's the combination of clever props and a performance with an unbelievable ending that makes this trick a winner.

Good luck with the PH connection!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Thank you Simon for sharing you experience with Tenyo.......very interesting......good luck with Extra Sensory Perfection.....great name by the way.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Keep cross the finger for you Simon, there is still hope.
Did you post the mental trick with different face expressions (I forgot the name) ? That would be interesting for them.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:05 am

cheers guys, here's hoping :)
yes victor, photo-fit is the one you are thinking of there
Now you see me...

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:40 am

Glad to see you are having fun reading up on Paul Harris- he is brilliant! Yes, Simon and I had a good time talking magic while I was in London a few weeks go.

I recommend the Art of Astonishment books and his DVD set True Astonishment.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:16 pm

John B. wrote:Glad to see you are having fun reading up on Paul Harris- he is brilliant! Yes, Simon and I had a good time talking magic while I was in London a few weeks go.

I recommend the Art of Astonishment books and his DVD set True Astonishment.
Totally agree John, that book inspired me also to start creating impossible bottle (deck of card in the bottle)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:29 pm

That's all in all good news Simon, I'm very happy for you :) It would be absolutely stunning if a member of this forum would have an effect made by Tenyo!