Mini Pool Balls Prediction or Bomb Proof

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
BobD
Charter Member

Mini Pool Balls Prediction or Bomb Proof

Post by BobD » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:46 am

http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=137

http://fiveofheartsmagic.com/index.php? ... ductId=335

I am not particularly fond of electronic tricks because the ones I have do not last long but I am considering getting this one. Which one do you think is better among the two? I prefer the more durable piece. Magic Wagon’s is cheaper and smaller.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Mini Pool Balls Prediction or Bomb Proof

Post by SimonC » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:22 am

I think the magic wagon offering looks better, less like a prop and more discreet. bomb proof says it doesn't use any electronics either. aesthetically I'd say the magic wagon one
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:24 am

I don't like the way the box looks on the magic wagon version yet like the numbered billard balls. The light color fabric looks nice new but may be hard to keep clean as oil from fingers tips touching it could turn it dark if not careful.

Bomb Proof has a much better look and appeal plus unless I am missing something it says:: No Electrics No ‘Hit & Miss’ Mechanical Devices. I would like it better if it also had number billard balls. It's big so the may be an issue.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:06 am

Thanks Guys. I failed to notice that Bomb Proof does not use electronics. I thought they both use the same principle. I like the size and design of Magic Wagon better but electronics is unreliable. Both tricks are expensive so I guess I 'll just have to pass on this one for now.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:59 am

I like Bomb Proof more if I had to choose. No electrics... I believe I know how this works. I have a similar effect with 5 cards on a display, Made in India, price about 25 euro... Clever principle!

But... I will not buy either of these two, I stop buying magic for a few months... To contemplate about existing tricks and read my magic books...
I take a mental holiday... No not really. Focusing on magic I own, and neglecting all the new stuff.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:06 am

Rob Rand wrote: But... I will not buy either of these two, I stop buying magic for a few months... To contemplate about existing tricks and read my magic books...
I take a mental holiday... No not really. Focusing on magic I own, and neglecting all the new stuff.
What a great decision Rob... finally you can stop the addiction to buy new stuff :D
Many of the new stuff coming from the improvement of old stuff. The problem is, most of us didn`t really know what stuff already invented in the past, so they look new when we see it on the market. Books will help. ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:25 am

Yes Victor, since June 1st I haven't bought tricks or books. And you are right, many effects use old principles. I am reading now old books from for instance Prof. Hoffmann (who is actually British to his back bones), and magic digital magazines, kindly provided by Martin :)
And I am building a series of magic tricks made from LaQ, for pure fun, slogan: Everybody can make magic tricks from LaQ!

BillD

Post by BillD » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 am

BobD wrote:http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=137

http://fiveofheartsmagic.com/index.php? ... ductId=335

I am not particularly fond of electronic tricks because the ones I have do not last long but I am considering getting this one. Which one do you think is better among the two? I prefer the more durable piece. Magic Wagon’s is cheaper and smaller.
Hi Bob, most electronic effects look like a train crash when you open them to change the batteries. I have found, however, the Magic Wagon effects to be as smooth and sleek inside as they look outside, and also reliable.
I have a few of Colin Rose’s effects (but not Bomb Proof) and the quality of his workmanship is first rate.
Bomb Proof looks good, but bigger, and I think more suited to a stage performance…where as, MW Mini Pool Balls Prediction would be better placed in a close-up / parlour situation.
Also…check out Wayne Mattox’s version called “Six in Line”… http://www.alecpowell.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page115.html

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:05 am

Thanks for the info BillD. Wow, the price of Six in Line is fantastic!

I have decided to put Bomb Proof in my want list because it uses no electronics. Electronics has the possibility to malfunction. I have several Colin Rose products and I too like the quality. I need to starve myself for several weeks to afford this prop but I guess it's worth it.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:25 am

Rob Rand wrote:I like Bomb Proof more if I had to choose. No electrics... I believe I know how this works. I have a similar effect with 5 cards on a display, Made in India, price about 25 euro... Clever principle !
Rob, do you think it is that simple as you believe ? As i understand this trick you can choose any
ball in a free order and the magician can tell you later what was the right order you pick them ?
Well, the MW item works with "e" and is much cheaper and in my view much better in design ...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:59 am

Olaf S wrote:
Rob Rand wrote:I like Bomb Proof more if I had to choose. No electrics... I believe I know how this works. I have a similar effect with 5 cards on a display, Made in India, price about 25 euro... Clever principle !
Rob, do you think it is that simple as you believe ? As i understand this trick you can choose any
ball in a free order and the magician can tell you later what was the right order you pick them ?
Well, the MW item works with "e" and is much cheaper and in my view much better in design ...
Yes I believe it's as simple as that.

Also take a look at Magic Wagon's Runes of Nerfertiti, which uses the same principle, and the secret is well hidden...

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:04 am

I don't mind electronic tricks, but in the case of "Bomb proof" (which is not electronic) I can only guess at one viable mechanical method. Since this is in the open forum, I will not mention any specifics, but I really like the idea.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 am

It is a great idea indeed - and yes, if you know the secret it's actually quite simple in operation :)
A close-up version (with mini bicycle cards for example) would be great and certainly doable to make from plastic (hint hint ØyvindK ;) ). All the versions I know of are parlor size.

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:03 am

David, using mini bicycle cards could be a good idea, since the cards will appear (and also be) as totally innocent to the spectators. I think I'll order some mini cards, as I don't have any of those. Making a device isn't all that hard, but to make it totally silent and examinable takes some effort. Not having to handle the device to get the necessary info would also be nice.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:46 pm

BillD wrote:
Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 am
Most electronic effects look like a train crash when you open them to change the batteries. I have found, however, the Magic Wagon effects to be as "smooth and sleek inside" as they look outside, and also reliable.

Thank you for this message, because reliability is an important point with electronic tricks. But Mini Pool Balls Prediction does not have such a sophisticated receiver as Psychic Chest and offers by far not so many possibilities as Psychic Chest, which works also with other objets plus 6 outs with coin