Nest Of Coin Purses / Wallets

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
VictorS

Nest Of Coin Purses / Wallets

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi guys,

Just found the remake version of Nest Of Coin Purses which I assume originally produced by Tricks Co. long-long time ago. Not sure who invented this wallet but should be a smart genius Japanese guy. On the market there is also deluxe version reproduced by Alan Wong and Nick Einhorn:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=49730.
I haven`t bought the deluxe version yet but I assume all the handling and methods are the same.

This is a type of prop that I really2 like because there is no gimmick at all just the wallets, no secret slit, flaps, magnets, etc, The design, construction, setup and handling for the wallet is really2 clever and all the wallets are innocent and could be handed out for examination after the routine. It fits into our pocket, short time for setup required and ready to go. This kind of trick really fit to me as magician in Indonesia or perhaps in asia cuontries because the typical of the people here that they really love to touch magician props. So this kind of wallet will always be in the pocket and ready to be performed. Highly recommended.

The deluxe version should be really great and the quality of the leather is really good if I read the review. So I consider to buy the deluxe version also. All you need to practice is how to vanish a coin in sleight of hand ways. Sure you will enjoy performing this trick ;) ;)

Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Nest Of Coin Purses / Wallets

Post by SimonC » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:32 am

this looks like a great idea. Im hoping to start doing table to table gigs and this could go well with my current shortlist.
Im looking at these on ebay, the deluxe version is about £35, and i can find another version for £20 is that about right? it looks like the deluxe has the option to have the coin in a sealed envelope at the end which looks cool.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:00 am

You got a good price Simon...grab it. It is something that you will not regret. Believe me mate ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:02 am

You got a good price for that Simon...grab it. It is something that you will not regret. Believe me mate ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:09 am

Hmm. Looking at the wallets, if I made a set exactly as they look (I have a sewing machine and leather) would it work the same or is there a secret something I'm missing?
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:44 am

SimonC wrote:Hmm. Looking at the wallets, if I made a set exactly as they look (I have a sewing machine and leather) would it work the same or is there a secret something I'm missing?
It will work Simon....as I said it has no gimmick. ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:19 am

I believe I see that the working of this is pretty obvious, indeed no gimmicks... The design makes the handling possible.

And yes Simon, you really can make them yourself :)

Nest of boxes never appealed to me because you see clearly how it works (see the video of Mikame) , but nest of wallets is in my opinion better.

Thanks Victor for sharing this, I actually never focused on this trick.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:56 pm

I drew these up today and actually laser cut out some leather to sew tomorrow. If the dimensions are important they'd be helpful but I think I've estimated them pretty well based on the size of the coins ive seen them used with.
I'm too impatient so I've made a very rough set to try this evening with a scrap of leather and some contact adhesive. they look crap but it's a prototype :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:59 pm

They look perfect Simon....i will check the dimension and inform you again Simon. Just wake up at 5 am here ......whoooooahhhh.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:54 am

Rob Rand wrote:
Nest of boxes never appealed to me because you see clearly how it works (see the video of Mikame) , but nest of wallets is in my opinion better.

Thanks Victor for sharing this, I actually never focused on this trick.
You`re most welcome Rob. I think the best way to perform the "nesting" effect by combining different loading methods. That could be quite puzzling for the spectator. Although we have 10 or more same boxes with same loading principal, the method could be very obvious because the secret is the same. But if we combining different objects that could be loaded with different method,than that would be confusing. One of the "nest of boxes" effect I really2 love created by Dutch mind : Tommy Wonder ;) I was like :o :o :o after I see how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yitDadWvMf4

In his book and DVD, he shows also another 2 variations which are also really2 clever.

Victor

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:05 am

Ah, thanks for the Tommy Wonder tip Victor, and of course as a Dutch admirer of Dutch famous magicians :) I have the Books of Wonder and his DVDs, so I can quietly examine this. Because the Mikame video and other videos of this effect never impressed me, I stayed away from this effect. But with your new information this effect becomes more intriguing.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:36 am

Rob Rand wrote:Ah, thanks for the Tommy Wonder tip Victor, and of course as a Dutch admirer of Dutch famous magicians :) I have the Books of Wonder and his DVDs, so I can quietly examine this. Because the Mikame video and other videos of this effect never impressed me, I stayed away from this effect. But with your new information this effect becomes more intriguing.
Yes Rob....I admit there are many excellent dutch magicians and many of them are legends. Sit back, relax, enjoy the section of the nesting effects and let me know how you react on all the methods. It is good to watch and learn but unfortunately not so easy to build.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:47 pm

thank you box for the dimensions, I had a go on the laser today and now I've just ironed them flat. which do you think looks better, or would work better, shiny side out or suede side out? I suppose having the shiny inside would help things move along?
going to try and see them this evening, expect lots of swearing to be heard across the hills of colchester
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:05 pm

here's my first attempt, seeing by hand wasn't too bad, but I'd definitely try with a sewing machine too. right, now to try and work it out!
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Wow you are fast....could you make the leather more stiff Simon....because I believe it is important. Like the 1st pic top row. I think shiny outside is much better actually. I've seen once the deluxe version and the first problem that it's sometime stuck because of the suede side but I believe the surface will be smoother and amoother if we always play with it.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:07 pm

these were a bit floppy and hard to work with, also the stitching on the outside looked a bit pants so I found some leather effect vinyl which held shape much better. I added a few mm to all the dimensions, sewed it the wrong way round then turned it inside out. the result was much more satusfying and it works like a dream :) if I get round to it I'll make a video but there are plenty out there already. thank you vic for all your help, I've had a fun weekend making this :)
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Wow! Really great looking Simon! And they look like workers!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:22 pm

You`re welcome Simon, It looks really nice. Time to test the miracle in front of the spectators ;)

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:08 am

Excellent Simon I have a set in black faux leather(plastic) :D

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:32 am

Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:30 pm

woah that's a bargain, just ordered one thanks for the tip. this is definitely going into my strolling routine. I had a manic episode and came out the other end of it with 50 perforated envelopes to use with it. it's a bit like when Bruce banner wakes up in a torn pair of purple trousers thinking 'what the hell just happened?!'. I looked at my desk and there they were. they're laser cut craft paper, glued and stamped with a double sided tape strip at the top. it's a killer ending to the trick.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:46 pm

here's a cool idea I just tried.. trap box is a great way to help you get the coin into the wallets without rousing suspicion: although I'm still amazed how much I can get away with the French drop!
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Agree with you Simon....the sound effect helps to convince the spec. The classic vanishing coin in the folded paper could be also great solution. And using flash paper could give even more spectacular effect ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:31 pm

VictorS wrote: Just found the remake version of Nest Of Coin Purses which I assume originally produced by Tricks Co. long-long time ago. Not sure who invented this wallet but should be a smart genius Japanese guy.
Hi guys,

Just found an interesting historical fact about this prop. I met a good magician friend and he owns the original version the wallet. It was produced by Tricks.&Co and it was packed in an old cardboard packaging similar to Tenyo packaging. The original inventor was Masao Seino in 1980 and the routine was developed by Toshio Akanuma. The quality of the wallet is excellent and it stays in the same condition after more than 35 years. Here are some pics that proof the fact. Enjoy ! :)