My first magic course

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
AlexBrazil

My first magic course

Post by AlexBrazil » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:13 am

I have to share this with you, guys!

Tomorrow I begin my first magic course (as a student, obviously!). It will last for 6 saturdays. I am very excited, as the instructors are the best magicians in my state.

I loved magic since I was a little kid (the same happens with you all, I am sure). But 2015 is already a landmark: I began my Tenyo collection and now I will have a professional course on magic!

I hope my performances will get much better. But I am sure I will never be as good as professionals magicians (like Kelle Botond)!!!

VictorS

Re: My first magic course

Post by VictorS » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:50 am

Have fun Alex ! You can enrich your knowledge by reading magic books too. There are lots of excellent magic books available on market and i think it is easy for us to reach it nowadays. I start my magic course with the big book of Mark Wilson`s Complete Course in Magic. Really a good book to start. Another good books will be the 8 volumes Tarbell Course in Magic. Try also to get encyclopedias. DVDs will also helps when you learn sleight of hands. It save lots of time.

Sure you will have a great time Alex ;)
Last edited by VictorS on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks for the tips, Victor. Concerning the famous Tarbell books, Penguin Magic has been producing a series of videos where they perform and teach "every trick in the book" (as they promise in their site). The subscription is very low ($9,90). Obviously, I subscribed!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:22 am

Yes i knew that too Alex. The good thing of the tarbell videos that Dan Harlan try to develop his own routine, with his own version or with version which relevant or up to date for us nowadays. Some of props for example need some modification which relevant to us like a day to day objects. For example for the vanishing wand trick, he replaced the magic wand with a marker which i think a great idea. But all the basic principal is the same. Yes sure you can learn tons of tricks and techniques through that courses too. :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:32 am

Also one more thing...after you practice the magic...try to perform it more often to the people...there you can build your self convidence and learn how to deal with different type of prople expecially if you perform close up. Do not show off because people hate that :) make your routine fun, get people involve into your routine if possible so they can feel the magic :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:03 pm

very exciting news Alex, you a fun summer ahead of you :)
Now you see me...

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Awesome, have a great time, sounds like fun!

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Wow, Victor, those are really valuable tips! Are you a professional Magician?

Well, thanks everybody for the support :-)

Simon, it is winter in Brazil right now. And as I live in the extreme south of Brazil (my state has borders with Uruguay), it gets really cold -- sometimes below 0 degrees Celcius. The bad thing is that house only have air conditioners, not central heating. So it is almost always cold

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:05 am

AlexBrazil wrote:I have to share this with you, guys!

Tomorrow I begin my first magic course (as a student, obviously!). It will last for 6 saturdays. I am very excited, as the instructors are the best magicians in my state.

I loved magic since I was a little kid (the same happens with you all, I am sure). But 2015 is already a landmark: I began my Tenyo collection and now I will have a professional course on magic!

I hope my performances will get much better. But I am sure I will never be as good as professionals magicians (like Kelle Botond)!!!
Thanks for the compliment Alex, but there are far better magicians than me. I think that practice and performing as much as you can makes the difference. Good luck with the course!
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:21 am

So cool.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:05 am

You're a wizard Harry!