Larry Becker Psycho II

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
Richard W
Global Moderator

Larry Becker Psycho II

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:36 am

Larry Becker's Psycho II

I was finally able to obtain a complete vintage Larry Becker Psycho II effect. This is one of the best ESP tricks I have. I have known how it works and made my own long ago but always wanted the real deal . Was surprised when I found this one on an obscure magic site for $48.00. :mrgreen:

Sorry about the bad phone photo's but at least you can read the description once you click to enlarge it.
The envelopes are bright and clean 2 sets were never used they just look bad in this photo. :|
Larry Becker's Psycho II 06.jpg
Larry Becker's Psycho II 07.jpg
You can see the wonderful Paul Daniels perform this on an old TV performance on link below. There is a funny part close to the end when the crystal ball he uses decides to leave during performance. :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EkrdiSlUFnk

Great effect just lucky I ran across it before someone else grabbed it up. The guy said he had just put it up for sale 2 hours before I bought it. :)

Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Richard W on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Larry Becker Psycho II

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:39 am

Congrats Richard! One of my favourite mentalism effects too, so clever!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:47 am

David

You are the one that originally told me about this effect or I wouldn't have known it existed so thank you again. ;)
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:33 pm

ok this looks awesome. is it magic paper from hogwarts?
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 am

I visited Al Mann when he still lived in Freehold, NJ. Once, after a wonderful afternoon "chin wag," he took me to Larry Becker's house to spend the evening. Larry was in rare form, as he demonstrated, and discussed one effect after the other. Larry, Al, and I discussed Mentalism until the wee hours. It was a night to remember.

For a short time in the 80's I was one of the outlets for Larry, and Al. For anyone interested in Mentalism, I can strongly recommend almost anything by Larry Becker. I have everything which Al Mann ever released, and strongly recommend his work. Al was a very good friend of Dunninger (the Mentalist)

Speaking of Dunninger, there is a very cool book written by Joseph Atmore called "Dunnunger's Brain Busters. I recommend this if interested in Mentalism. Ad type below

For most of the 20th century, the Amazing Dunninger defined the term mentalism for the American public. Much of the success of his pioneering radio and television performances was based on his use of original routines he called "Brain Busters." Each week audiences eagerly tuned in to see whether Dunninger would be stumped by one of these impossible challenges. Joseph Atmore has spent years collecting these Brain Busters and, with the help of some of modern mentalism's brightest minds, has analyzed them to understand the often bold and sometimes deceptively simple methods underlying these miracles. This collection wil be invaluable to all students of showmanship and mentalism.
and now, on with the show ...

Mladen R

Post by Mladen R » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:27 pm

The Psycho II effect is on the page 190 in his book "Stunners Plus"..
PM me