Paul Daniels :(

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Paul Daniels :(

Post by SimonC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Just saw a news update about Paul Daniels, it appears he has been diagnosed with a terminal Brain Tumour. Very sad news, I hope he is as comfortable as possible.
I wouldn't have got into magic so young had I not grown up watching him.
Positive vibes being sent across the ether..
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Paul Daniels :(

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks for letting us know Simon. Paul has been among my all time favourites ... the way he could present a simple trick was absolutely outstanding, and a lot of magicians could learn from it ... . Magic doesn't have to be complicated, it just needs a strong story/routine ... .
It was THE magician that was on Belgian television so often in the past.
I have been a subscriber to his YT channel for quite some time now, and he even sent me a personal message once. A fantastic magician, which I hope to live on for many years ... . I hope some miracle happens and he recovers.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:54 pm

I applied for the magic circle recently and I had to say who my inspirations were growing up. comparing him now as a adult against the range of magicians I have seen (as a kid I didn't have YouTube/sky/etc) is his personable manner. he didn't try and make anyone feel or more importantly look stupid, he was so friendly and all of his tricks have an enormous sense of fun. I sent him some links to my YouTube clips last year and I could t believe he actually replied to me in person!
As you say David, I hope some miracle happens :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:55 pm

What a sad news ;( Wish Paul soonest recovery battling on the disease. Paul Daniels and Wayne Dobson have become a favorite magicians since my childhood and they are truly gifted, talented and so funny. Another sad news came from the world of magic that Tom Mullica passed away last week. He is one of the greatest and funnies magician ever. Truly a legend. Many of us sure own his famous Mullica`s Wallet but has anyone tried his cigarette eating act ? I bet no one. :)

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:51 am

Very sad news.

Regarding Mullica's cigarette act: I know a guy who contacted Tom about his cigarette act and Tom did not only gave premission to him to do the cigarette eating but also gave him tips on how to do it properly.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:42 am

I remember reading that Tom only did the cigarette act during performances only (and not for casual gatherings and such) because it was incredibly painful to do
Where's my colon?!