Color Changing Records

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
KirkW

Color Changing Records

Post by KirkW » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Does anyone know what this version of the Color Changing Records is called and where it can be purchased?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxa054Idsms

The only version I can find is the one where three black records change to three different colors and then back to black.
I really like the change from three black to three yellow and then to three different colors where fronts and backs are shown for all three colors.

Randy

Re: Color Changing Records

Post by Randy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am

I have that version, somewhere. I will look for it when I get home.

I am pretty sure it was put out by Tricks Inc.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Randy, I will be curious to see what you have.

I have three Tricks Co. color changing record effects but each either changes the records from black to red or from black to red, green and yellow. The ones I own are:

Trio Records
Color Symphony
Color Rhapsody (came with rings and records)

None of them change the records from three black to three yellow and then to one of each color (red, yellow and blue).

I really like the last multi-color change that shows the records on both sides. This caught me off guard when I first saw it and fooled me. :-)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:59 am

Hi Kirk,

I just got also 2 types of the Tricks Co, version about 2 weeks ago. What a nice classic. But somehow the name is different. And I can make a picture if you would like to see them. Well Tricks Co. produced many kinds if this similar effect,

Once I got also similar version like this one (Chu`s Version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgdGeNC2Yjs which I think very simple and practical. The weak point that we always need take out the record and insert it again to do the change.

Cheers,
Victor

Randy

Post by Randy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am

I haven't been able to find my version but I may be mistaken about the color changes I have. Mine came with records and rings so I probably have Color Rhapsody. I will update when I finally find it.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:45 pm

VictorS wrote:Hi Kirk,

I just got also 2 types of the Tricks Co, version about 2 weeks ago. What a nice classic. But somehow the name is different. And I can make a picture if you would like to see them. Well Tricks Co. produced many kinds if this similar effect,

Once I got also similar version like this one (Chu`s Version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgdGeNC2Yjs which I think very simple and practical. The weak point that we always need take out the record and insert it again to do the change.

Cheers,
Victor
Victor,

I would like to see a picture of the Tricks Co. versions you have. Are they both the same effect but with different methods?
I'm really hoping I can located a set of the records to do the triple color change.
I worked out the method and wrote out all the steps. Now I just need the discs.

Thanks

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:01 am

Here you go Kirk :)
First of all sorry for the bad quality of the pic. Old camera :(

The 1st one called "Super Color Changing Disk" : If you see the detail of the disk, it`s only flaps that makes the color changes possible. However, the routine can be done like a manipulation routine with silk.

The 2nd one called Flash Disk (Type A): Same method. I assume this can be used as quick effect for climax. After doing the 1st routine with the Super Color Changing Silk, the magician produces again 3 black disk on each hand and while dropping the disk, it will also change color both sides. If there was Type A...I assume there should be type B or C available. But I have never seen it.

The other type of 2 sided color changing record effect that I like from Tricks and Co. is the Chameleon Disk. It`s a slow motion color changing record up to 4 colors within only 1 disc. We need also silks to cover the secret part. The method is really2 cleaver. Unfortunately I don`t have it unfortunately but my friend do. You will get the idea if you see the detail ;)

Cheers,
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.