PIGEON THROUGH GLASS

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
KirkW

PIGEON THROUGH GLASS

Post by KirkW » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:32 am

Does anyone have this particular version of “Pigeon Through Glass?” If so, can you provide the dimensions of this affect?
Also, does anyone know of a smaller version of this type affect available anywhere?
475A9C8A-8D64-4568-A10F-20994E904712.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BillD

Re: PIGEON THROUGH GLASS

Post by BillD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:49 pm

I don't know this particular version, but the Wayne Mattox version of "Bird through the mirror" is incredible and can be examined......however, it is very expensive.

The latest stage version can be seen by using the following link (it is about 3/4 way down the page) - http://www.spanglefish.com/workshopwayne/

Also, the following link will take you to an early performance of the effect by Saxon Tylney -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZhfemYJ6L0

I have a number of Wayne's effects (including Bird through the mirror) and the workmanship is just superb!

Hope this helps.

Bill

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:17 pm

Bill, thanks for the links. I wasn’t aware of the work of Wayne Mattox....they look incredible!
I have a feeling I won’t be able to afford his pieces but I will be contacting him anyway. 😊

BillD

Post by BillD » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:17 pm

I haven't spoken to Wayne for nearly 20 years and I am not sure if he is still making items. However, his website is still active so you might be in luck.

If you do manage to contact him then please pass on my best wishes.....Bill from Cornwall (now living in France).

BTW, his Nest of Boxes are absolutely incredible. Each box is opened by the spectator and all can be fully examined. The only other person I knew that had a set was the late Paul Daniels......however, I imagine that Wayne has made a few sets for collectors over the years.

Bill

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 pm

The Pigeon Thru Glass looks appealing to me
Size of the stand : Length 27.5 cm / Width: 16.5 cm
Dimensions of the glass : Length 30 cm / Width 20 cm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.