The Philatelist Traveler

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
VictorS

The Philatelist Traveler

Post by VictorS » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Dear all,

Just want to share my very 1st contrubution in world of magic and it`s now available at Murphys Magic : The Philatelist Traveler.

Check out the effect and demo:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=53082

By the way, the guy in the demo is not me :) but my friend Leo do it for me. I had the idea and it was produced via Indomagicland Magic Shop in Indonesia. Check out : http://www.indomagicland.com/

Every 1st experiences make me very nervous but hope the world like it. The trick is quite simple but there were some improvements and modifications to get the things work automatically and as easy as possible.

Hope you enjoy it guys....Thanks ;)

Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: The Philatelist Traveler

Post by SimonC » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:44 pm

I love the props, lovely story too. I want to go on holiday now!
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:50 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As Simon I like the idea and the story of the trick......also like a lot the props.

Regarding the video: they cut the climax of the trick!.......so as a potential buyer I don't really know what to expect......and personally this stop me to buy it.

I suggest you to change the video or edit it without that cut.....I think this could increase your sales.

My modest opinión and constructive criticism.

Cheers

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:56 pm

CONGRATULATIONS FOR SURE!!!

This is a great accomplishment and the trick looks beautiful.

It is very different by using the stamps and I think that is great.

Best of Luck.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:56 am

This is a great trick! And I love Indomagicland's products, like the Mysterious jewelery box and Tommy Wonder' Rubix card box, I own them both.
Reminds me a bit of the Zingana box by Magic Wagon, which also has a travel theme.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your compliments and feedback. I highly appreciate that. Hopefully more creations will come in the future and make our magical world more colorful. Very nice to you guys in this forum !!

Victor

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Rob Rand wrote:This is a great trick! And I love Indomagicland's products, like the Mysterious jewelery box and Tommy Wonder' Rubix card box, I own them both.
Reminds me a bit of the Zingana box by Magic Wagon, which also has a travel theme.
Glad to know you as one of the Indomagicland`s customer Rob. Thank you ;)

When I came back from Germany to Indonesia, I showed my friend (who is the owner of Indomagicland) on how I built the Rubix Card and he decided to produce it. We had some problem in marketing phase that the family of Wonder charge us for some royalty, because the idea belongs to Tommy and Indomagicland paid for it. So it`s now for us totally legal to produce it, just for your information ;)

Rob, did you mean the Jewelry box with the prediction ? The jewelry box was based on the T A Waters creation which I forgot the name. It`s a cool trick but I made it cooler. I`ll show you mine next time. My version is different with the Jewelry box made by Indomagicland.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Yes Victor, I mean the prediction chest with the 6 blocks with on each a different colored jewel.

And I bought the Rubix card at Stevens Magic, as well as the card box with 2 compartments. This sounds weird, but I really like the smell of the lacq they use :)

But I am sure the Jewelry box can be improved, very nice that you made your own version!
As you probably know, I like it too to make or remake magic props.
And your trick is on my wish list, also because I find that Indomagicland makes items a bit homemade, which gives them an extra charm. And to support you, of course!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:33 am

Is the jewelry box trick anything like the Magic Wagon Mind Paintings (II)?

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 am

Congratulations!! Beautiful props!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:53 am

The props are beautiful. The basic effect and concept are great. However we cannot tell how deceptive the trick is because it is just a trailer. Is this trick designed for magicians or for laymen?

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:13 am

In the meantime couldn't resist it and ordered a copy at world-of-magic.co.uk. When I receive it, I will give a review.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:21 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Is the jewelry box trick anything like the Magic Wagon Mind Paintings (II)?
Same principal David, but I love the idea that we add the drawer to reveal the prediction.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:22 pm

John B. wrote:Congratulations!! Beautiful props!
Thanks John B ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:30 pm

BobD wrote:The props are beautiful. The basic effect and concept are great. However we cannot tell how deceptive the trick is because it is just a trailer. Is this trick designed for magicians or for laymen?
Hi Bob, Thanks for the compliments. This trick actually based on old principal which you probably already knew. I made the handling more simple for magician in order to have easy performance (no memory work, almost zero sleight of hand) and for laymen, it is also very2 fair because they can make shuffle the cards and make their own choice. Magic trick is always deceptive Bob.... :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Rob Rand wrote:In the meantime couldn't resist it and ordered a copy at world-of-magic.co.uk. When I receive it, I will give a review.
Thanks a lot customer. Let me know your review Rob. I`m open for any positive or negative feedback because this is my very first time also. Highly appreciate in advance for any suggestion for improvement in the future and wish you lot fun with it. :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:21 am

I'm a bit puzzled ... in the video it seems you can not turn over the cards while the stamps are still on them - the screen turns black and then you see the stamps laying in front of the spectator and the magician puts the cards above them?
I absolutely love the idea of using stamps for a mental trick, very unique :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:35 am

mrs craze will tell you off david, you can't be very unique, just unique. she reminds me every time I say it ;)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:45 am

You are correct sir :D
Just looked it up for fun, it is a common mistake in Dutch language too by the way :) http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/unique.html
From now on I will correct everyone (students and teachers) who sais this. We have to EXTERMINATE it!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 am

I'll tell Mrs Craze, she'll be happy :)
Now you see me...