etrickshop.com (feedback)

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
Jaime C.
Charter Member

etrickshop.com (feedback)

Post by Jaime C. » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:02 pm

hello guys!

just want to know if anyone of you have purchased with this magic shop ''etrickshop.com'' how was your experienced?

i have purchased some magic tricks from them last 2ND of JULY. after that i have not received any feedback from the shop, like shipping details ect.... since i purchased i already message them 3X but i haven't received any reply and 'till now the items have not reach my end.

thanks!
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Re: etrickshop.com (feedback)

Post by Richard W » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:35 pm

I have never heard anything good about them.
Here is just a couple people not happy with them.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... &forum=258

Richard
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:09 pm

now i'm in trouble. lesson learned. next time i'll ask you first guys for feedback.

thank you very much Richard for the info big help. i hope i can get back my money, just filed a dispute at paypal.

Rick

Post by Rick » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:21 pm

About a year or so ago, I placed an order for their Blue Phantom. I was sent a Paypal invoice from Etrickshop.com. When I went to Paypal to make the payment, I decided to pay with my credit card that was on file with my Paypal account instead of paying with my checking account. I received a notice from Paypal stating that I couldn't use the credit card and the only way I could make a payment was if I used my Checking acct. that was linked to Paypal. I decided not to go through with the deal because I figured something was just not right with this company. I couldn't understand why Paypal wouldn't use my credit card for payment. I didn't want to take any chances.

Rick

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:49 pm

I believe you mixed up 2 webshops, Rick. Blue Phantom is for sale at emagictricks.co.uk, and definitely not at etrickshop.com.

The first company is reliable, emagictricks.co.uk, I ordered and received Blue Phantom from them.

Happily I never did business with the latter one, etrickshop.com, also warned by the post on TMC.

Jaime, watch your steps in the future... You will prob get your money back, but all that trouble you must do to achieve that is annoying. You should have asked me first :)

Rick

Post by Rick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:23 am

Oops I did get the 2 webshops mixed up Rob! Sorry about that!

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Rob Rand wrote: Jaime, watch your steps in the future... You will prob get your money back, but all that trouble you must do to achieve that is annoying. You should have asked me first :)
this is the first time i encountered problem with the magic shops and i think it is not easy to get back my money, it will take a long process with Paypal. this magic shop wasted my 3 weeks of waiting for nothing.

at eBay some of my Tenyo items bought them with risk or against the eBay rules because i just deal with the seller directly but fortunately i found honest seller.

you're right Rob next time i will ask advice first from you :)
Last edited by Jaime C. on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Jaime C.

I have found that paypal will usually sides with the buyers and not the sellers. If the seller didn't send the item or have a tracking number to prove it was sent and delivered they usually loose the debate.

So I think you have a good chance to will either get the items once paypal contacts the seller with an open case against them or a refund will be made that shouldn't take too long.

Richard
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:24 am

For those interested there is one of these Blue Phantoms for sale on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Phantom-Co ... 2a461e58d5 . I might bid on it but the price may go through the roof.
Also, the seller claims this is new/unused, but when you take a closer look at the photo's there seem to be a few spots where the paint is chipping off the checkers. Rob, I know you have this version, is this normal?

I have e-mailed Emagictricks yesterday for the second time in a few months and hopefully they can tell me if this is still for sale or not. It's still on their website and you can order and pay for it but I think that's a bit risky before knowing they can still build the effect. They did not reply to my first e-mail.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:58 am

This time I quickly got a reply! They had 5 in stock, as of now only 4 ;) I choose the blue version. A great early Xmas present for myself :D

So, if you want one now is the time to buy. They told me they sell out VERY quickly and are not produced in large quantaties.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Good that you can buy a new one David, these spots on the eBay item are definitely proof that this one is used!

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:53 am

You are lucky David to received a quick reply from them unlike me with my 3x messages, i recieved none. But somehow paypal send my money back on my accont, that's the good news. Maybe etrickshop choose only who the person they are going to sell with and you are one of them :)