Real magic...

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Real magic...

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:59 am

I performed Kollossal Killer on my mum last week and she was very impressed. She's a bit like Colombo, nothing gets past her so I was vey pleased. I thought I'd try a little experiment with her and my dad. Instead of performing KK on dad, whilst he was out of the room I asked mum "If I asked dad to name any playing cad, what do you think he'd go for?" Within 5 seconds she said 3of hearts, quite a random card actually. I asked her why and she said, "three is a lucky number of his, he's an arsenal fan so he'll go for a red card and he's a softy so if he had to choose between hearts and diamonds he'd go for hearts" I picked out the 3of hearts and simply held it face up between my outstretched palms. Dad came back, I asked hi to name any card, after a little thought sure enough he said 3 of hearts! Best outcome of a trick ever, I simply opened my hands!
I let him stew for a bit trying to work it out then told him about my secret weapon, 35 years of marriage!
I doubt I'll ever have a direct hit like that again but it's nice to see that with all of my gimmicks, marked cards, sleight of hand etc, true love and knowing someone inside out can create real magic :)
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Real magic...

Post by JohnM » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 am

Great story mate.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:19 am

Cool experience Simon,once I performed mental trick with my friend and at that time I got a strong feeling that the 7 of clubs will come as chosen card. I took that card and lay it on the table. I ask my friend just to think of 1 card,and she hit it. Lucky me. Beside me was also a magic friend of mine and he was speechless. By the way....do you know Heirloom ? It is also another version of Kollosal Killer with better routine with beautiful story. ...and now even they have just release the deluxe version. There was also special wallet made for this routine which I think very2 cool.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:34 am

how strange I was just talking to rob about heirloom. I do have it yes, I aged the photos myself and got mrs craze to rewrite the letter by hand on some vintage paper as I felt the props let the concept down. the deluxe version is called Emily's revenge, it comes with better quality props and an extra letter to add to the story. I've been trying to find some info on the wallet but there's not a lot out there, I found a good one in sale in town, just a normal one with all the right compartments. it's a great trick, it depends on the situation whether I prefer KK or heirloom. I have an idea for KK 'lite' I'll type up soon
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:56 am

Customizing the props to make it more vintage is really a perfect decision Simon. That's the way the prop should look like. About the wallet,I believe it looks similar with Tenyo ATM wallet but with different purpose. The good thing about the wallet you can easily store all photos inside the wallet and after you take the prediction photo out,you can show the wallet completely empty. However the wallet could not be handed out for examination.