Dynamo

Here you can discuss subjects such as Magic History, Magicians, Magic Books, Other types of magic and effects.
kellebotond
Charter Member

Re: Dynamo

Post by kellebotond » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:39 pm

John, I think you should not give up on this effect. I really like the idea of using a broshure like this. It looks very innocent and real. Maybe the method should be different or there should be a different out if the spectator selects another bird.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:09 am

John, this is way too good to shelve for the time being. What if you have two brochures, one that the spectator sees and one that you hold. You could open your brochure, and it could block where you are looking. Or you could hold your brochure and look away and ask the questions. The brochure is brilliant-

If you had two brochures, you could show that both the spectator and magician were watching the same bird.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:12 pm

The idea for the Bird Watch Brochure came about as I was recreating Bird Watcher Too with all original, naturalistic graphics in Tarot card size. As I was creating the cards I though "this would fit nicely into a folded brochure." BUT I feel that the brochure in not as strong as the cards because you are able to see where the person is "Bird Watching" where with the cards you never see the faces. So I reverted to the design using the Tarot cards and came up with new cover art and a new name, Bird Brain. This will replace BWT. BWT will no longer be made.

You can see more about Bird Brain here.
iimas-bird_brain.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:56 pm

I love the new graphics particularly the backs, I think the marks will be very discreet on these. If you happened to know a bit about frenology or just the brain you could add that in too. "Ahh you chose the finch, that represents..."
They look great John :)
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Yes looks very nice indeed. I'm going to have to get this one of these days. One if my kids IS actually into bird watching and can name most birds he sees. I showed him the picture of the trick and he started trying to name what all the birds are. Might be a good birthday present. :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Elliot W. wrote:Yes looks very nice indeed. I'm going to have to get this one of these days. One if my kids IS actually into bird watching and can name most birds he sees. I showed him the picture of the trick and he started trying to name what all the birds are. Might be a good birthday present. :)
What are you saying Elliot, that your kid is a "Bird Brain?" ;) :) :D :lol:

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:02 pm

He said he resembles that remark ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:20 am

The Tarot card size is really great, as is the new name Bird Brain, which you could also consider as the brain of a bird :)

The backs look fantastic too!

Congrats with this newly designed trick!