Meeting Asia FSO Member - Greetings from Manila.

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
John B.
Charter Member

Re: Meeting Asia FSO Member - Greetings from Manila.

Post by John B. » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:00 pm

SimonC wrote:what a great thing that you guys were able to meet up! I bet the other people in that place were fascinated by your table. it's great to make the most of an opportunity like that, I've met john b a couple of times in London while he was over on business, it's great how the forum can make planet tenyo a small world after all!
and it's nice to see a jenzo mirror mate getting used :)
glad you guys got to hang out, hope to join you one day

Likewise it was great to meet up with Simon a few times. I'm not sure how often I will be over in England as one of our collaborations in the UK has ended, but will now being going to Basel Switzerland at least once a year on business. I take it for granted that I live only about 30 mins from John M's house.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:26 am

VictorS wrote: For Bob, it was a great pleasure meeting you and sure we will meet again and continue the fun ;)
Hi guys,
Hi again BobD,

At my second visit to Manila this week, I came with a very tight business trip schedule and I thought I would not be able to meet BobD. But the story changed magically and I had really crazy time with Bob. I don`t know how to start the story but let me try to tell.

Feb 9th-12th 2015:
I arrived at Manila so late on the 9th and I should move to another city in Philippines *Batangas City" on the next day until Thursday 12th. I was hopeless that I could not arrive early back to Manila because of the meeting schedule and I should go back early to Jakarta on the next day ( Feb 13th 2015). Bob asked me if I can come earlier on Thursday 12th to Manila, he would invite me to the Oliver Kent Illusionist and Magic Show. I thought I would not make it and the last opportunity for us to meet will be only Friday 13th morning, last day before I leave Manila and go back home.

Thursday, 13th 2015:
2.00 p.m : The meeting on project site finished earlier than I expected and I was be able to reach Manila by 4 p.m. I contacted Bob and he arranged my Ticket for the show. Thanks so much again for this Bob...I really appreciate it.

5.30 - 7.45 p.m : I did my early dinner and looking for the Taxi and heading to Meralco Theater in Manila. What a wonderful theater and a really comfortable beautiful nice place to visit. The main problem in Manila is the heavy traffic. I needed almost 1,5 hrs to go from my hotel to the theater. I thought I would miss the show but at the time I arrived, people were still queuing to enter the theater. Yessss...still on time !! I got my ticket arranged by Bob and sat on perfect place. Middle section, 4th row from the front seat. Wow...!

8.00 -11.30 pm : The illusion show began and it was a great illusion and stage magic performance by Kent Oliver and his super sexy dancers :) BUTTTTT.....look who performed next ?? Our Mr. Bob Dureza !!!! Bob performed a very classic routine of magic and routines and I really love his performance. He looked so professional on the stage and the audience reaction was really2 good. Bob perform also the Owen`s block penetration, routine with silks, broken and restored umbrella and ended the routine with the huge bill production as climax. What a great routine and for me Bob was one of the best performer at that night. Unfortunately, my pocket camera didn`t allow me to take a good pictures and my mobile phone camera was in the low bat condition. :oops: :oops: However, I got some good pics of Bob, especially at the end of the show, Bob was surrounded by the sexy dancers ( Rob will definitely jealous for this one :D :D ) I was be able to meet other professional magician like Mr. Cris Castro who was also the finalist on the Philippines Got Talent. What a great show and a great experience. Thanks so much Bob for this !!

At this point, our craziness didn`t end here but it was just started. ;)

11.30 - 1.00 a.m (Friday 13th) : Bob invited me to a late Philippines dinner. I never had such heavy dinner on that time but the foods were really2 great ! We had also some nice talk about works and magic. Another great event.

1.00 - 4.00 am : We planned to make a short talk in Bob`s appartment but I should say, the next 3 hours we spent was only like 3 minutes. I would not describe anything here but if you see Bob`s collection, you can imagine what happened in that 3 hours. I was not be able to go through his Bob`s collection even not the half of them. We went though discussing about Tenyos, Mikame, Cups and Balls, Magic Wagon even until the thumb tip. So much to tell, so much to explain and we never had enough time for that.

We were totally sleepy and exhausted at 4.00 a.m and I went back to the hotel. Bob still offered me pizza at this time :o :o Crazy huh !! :lol: It was a second great great great night with Bob and I really appreciate that so much. So guys, if you would be able to visit Manila, you know whom you should meet. Bob, if you are be able to visit Jakarta, let`s continue our craziness here ;) Sorry for making you tired and woke lately for the office because if my visit. Sure we will continue this fun.

Cheers,
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:28 am

Some pics of our late dinner and Bob`s collection and some craziness we had ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:36 am

Thanks for sharing this Victor - always a pleasure to read!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:19 am

That sounds like one of those amazing nights where everything just goes right :) sounds like an amazing time, I'm sure you guys had a lot to talk about. Congratulations on a very successful business trip ;)
Now you see me...

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:57 am

I was very fortunate to meet Victor again. Despite his tight schedule he took time to watch our show and come to my house. He gave me a rare magic book that I have been searching for quite a while.

Victor is not only very knowledgeable with all types of magic but is also skilled in sleight of hand. I showed him some of my cups and balls sets and he does skillful vanishes. His handling of the thumb tip is very deceptive and will fool other magicians.

We only had a short time to discuss magic but I have learned a lot during our meeting. I look forward to meet you again, Victor.

Hope to see you soon my friend!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:28 am

Guys, this is so great to hear, these are the things that make life worthwhile, meeting each other and talking about the passion we all share here. And great to hear that Bob performed for a live audience, wow guys this all sounds thrilling!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:29 am

vic.jpg
bob.jpg

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Thanks for the nice short 2 hours meeting Bob. We never had enough time for magic. And thanks for showing me John's Houdini Black Box and some of our Simon's creations. No doubt that they are in the excellent quality ;) what a piece of Art !

Cheers,
Victor

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:39 am

its great to see members meeting in the flesh :) july is fast approaching which means our proposed meet up n Amsterdam is too...
Now you see me...