Meeting Asia FSO Member - Greetings from Manila.

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
VictorS

Meeting Asia FSO Member - Greetings from Manila.

Post by VictorS » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:13 am

Hi guys,

Greetings from Manila!
First of all, I would like to thank John Mazza who created all the network here through the FSO forum. Through this forum I know BobD from Manila and I`m currently on my business trip to Philippines (Manila). I contacted Bob last week and we managed to meet each other at my hotel yesterday and had some fun. BobD is a very nice guys, he is more quite than I expected :) but he had a lot of experience in magic. He brought some of his classic Tenyo and other magic collection and I was really impressed on his collection also. To all of you who wants to see me and Bob more closer, I got the pics now. We sat together for more than 3 hours until midnight and the time flew like a wind. Unfortunately we need to end the fun and recharge our energy for the next day.

For Bob, it was a great pleasure meeting you and sure we will meet again and continue the fun ;)

Cheers,
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by VictorS on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

VictorS

Re: Meeting Asia FSO Member - Greetings from Manila.

Post by VictorS » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:15 am

What a mess !!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:13 am

what a great thing that you guys were able to meet up! I bet the other people in that place were fascinated by your table. it's great to make the most of an opportunity like that, I've met john b a couple of times in London while he was over on business, it's great how the forum can make planet tenyo a small world after all!
and it's nice to see a jenzo mirror mate getting used :)
glad you guys got to hang out, hope to join you one day
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:51 am

Thanks for the report Victor! It was a pleasure to read and look at the pictures is always so much FUN! Seeing all those items, thinking which I have or want, ... .
I don't think I'll be visiting the Philippines any time soon, glad you were able to :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:22 am

Great to see you two guys and all the eye candy on the table. I spotted some great magic including the Mickey Mouse Mirror Mate which I do not have.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:43 am

The Mickey Mouse Mirror Mate was built by Victor.

It was a pleasure to meet him. He is an excellent craftsman. Almost all the tricks he showed me are props he built. He showed me 2 expensive Tenyo tricks that I thought were not worth it but I was proven wrong. I will not say which tricks because the price might sky rocket.

Victor is an encyclopedia when it comes to paddle tricks. One knows how difficult it is to remember the sequence of a paddle routine but he has mastered several. He builds most of his paddles and has successfully built his own Tenyo Paddle Collection.

We could have spent more time discussing magic had it not been for the terrible traffic due to the holiday season.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:19 am

BobD wrote:He showed me 2 expensive Tenyo tricks that I thought were not worth it but I was proven wrong. I will not say which tricks because the price might sky rocket.
You're a tease!!! ;)

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Wow that was nice to read guys, glad you had a great time chillin together,theres some nice magic there as well. its nice when Tenyo fans get to meet up for the first time.!

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:11 am

Finally 2 members of our forum revealed their faces :) Nice to see you both had a good time together with those gems. I am late to join the moment anyway thanks for sharing the photos.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:24 am

Great to see you meeting each other and sharing magic items! And yes, so nice to see you in person, I had a totally different idea of how Bob looked like, anyway he looks even more nice than I had in mind :)

Maybe a members only photo gallery of all of us would be a good idea?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Maybe a members only photo gallery of all of us would be a good idea?
That would be great, but some are not willing to do so. John B. and Gaz had a photo of themselves for their avatar at one time but no longer. We saw a reflection of Shan in the mirror when she took a picture at a magicshop in Asia.

How about the next best thing, who do we look like?

Here's a start:
John M = Peter from Family Guy

Simon = Kevin Kline

Rob = David Bowie

David De Tenyo = 1960's GI Joe

If I remember correctly Gaz looks something like this. Well maybe not as great as Beckham but he had the same haircut.

John B. looks something like Sherman from the Mr. Peabody and Sherman cartoon. For sure he has the boyish looks.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Great pictures John! But hey, I prefer to be myself, I am more handsome than David Bowie! :)

Well you are probably right, there is already so few privacy on the internet that people prefer to be a bit hidden and yet being able to tell freely what's on their mind concerning Tenyo and magic on our forum.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:24 am

As a matter of fact my students often say I dress like someone from the '60's :lol:

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:31 am

Just like this David :?: :)
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:20 am

:lol: Almost ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:24 am

SimonC wrote:what a great thing that you guys were able to meet up! I bet the other people in that place were fascinated by your table. it's great to make the most of an opportunity like that, I've met john b a couple of times in London while he was over on business, it's great how the forum can make planet tenyo a small world after all!
and it's nice to see a jenzo mirror mate getting used :)
glad you guys got to hang out, hope to join you one day
Yes Simon...business trip is one of a great opportunity to meet each other, it saves a lot of money. I hope someday I will make one to Essex ;) Myself and Bob, we always love your wooden mirror mate. We talked about adding magnet in the sleeve and taking a small cheest horse figure to get and climax effect like the mickey mouse version. It would be perfect for it.

And yes Simon....our table was full of the magic stuff and we were the last guest who were requested to leave the restaurant because they wanted to close it. :D We never have enough time to discuss magic.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:33 am

JohnM wrote:Great to see you two guys and all the eye candy on the table. I spotted some great magic including the Mickey Mouse Mirror Mate which I do not have.
Hi John, I was lucky to find small double sided mirror but in my opinion it is still too thick but it is still performable. For the sleeve I added flat magnet and also on the base of the mickey mouse figure. For the mickey mouse pic, I took a close up photo of the figure, adjust the size and print it in color and paste it on the sleeve and on the mirror.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:01 am

BobD wrote:The Mickey Mouse Mirror Mate was built by Victor.

It was a pleasure to meet him. He is an excellent craftsman. Almost all the tricks he showed me are props he built. He showed me 2 expensive Tenyo tricks that I thought were not worth it but I was proven wrong. I will not say which tricks because the price might sky rocket.

Victor is an encyclopedia when it comes to paddle tricks. One knows how difficult it is to remember the sequence of a paddle routine but he has mastered several. He builds most of his paddles and has successfully built his own Tenyo Paddle Collection.

We could have spent more time discussing magic had it not been for the terrible traffic due to the holiday season.
Thanks for the nice words Bob. I'm still learning different kind of paddles principals. Bob I'm amazed on your Porper's paddle collections. I never saw sophisticated high quality paddles like that. Really2 cool. Many thanks again for the fun meeting and sure we will meet again to continue the fun. By the way, you did a great work to create your own no smoking card packet trick. Great card gaffs too.I think you should start to market it Bob ;) I believe our FSO members will love to see it. ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:15 am

Thanks vic, glad you like it :)
And merry Christmas John ;)
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:26 am

I also forget to say, vic and Bob are a comedy duo in England and one my all time favourites, they're worth a search on you tube...
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:59 am

David DeTenyo wrote:
BobD wrote:He showed me 2 expensive Tenyo tricks that I thought were not worth it but I was proven wrong. I will not say which tricks because the price might sky rocket.
You're a tease!!! ;)
Bob loves to have The Haunting and The Tunnel Of Darkness. If anyone can help him to find one, just let him know ;) Thanks guys!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:04 am

gazpratley wrote:Wow that was nice to read guys, glad you had a great time chillin together,theres some nice magic there as well. its nice when Tenyo fans get to meet up for the first time.!
Jaime C. wrote:Finally 2 members of our forum revealed their faces :) Nice to see you both had a good time together with those gems. I am late to join the moment anyway thanks for sharing the photos.
Rob Rand wrote:Great to see you meeting each other and sharing magic items! And yes, so nice to see you in person, I had a totally different idea of how Bob looked like, anyway he looks even more nice than I had in mind :)

Maybe a members only photo gallery of all of us would be a good idea?
Thanks Gaz, Jamie and Rob ! Yes I believe it would be a great time for us to meet each other and we would need a really huge round table to put our props and start the fun :D

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:11 am

JohnM wrote: Here's a start:
John M = Peter from Family Guy
John, I thought you were Fred Flintstone or the famous actor John Goodman :D and Simon is Johnny Depp the pirates of the Caribbean :D

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 pm

VictorS wrote:John, I thought you were Fred Flintstone or the famous actor John Goodman :D
Yes, them too.

How about John Goodman playing Fred Flintstone?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:06 pm

How about this, a Fred Flintstone slot car set!
Now you see me...