Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Holidays

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Holidays

Post by JohnM » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 pm

SimonC wrote::?:
The picture array of the Tenyo. Is that something for us to figure out.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Pete1805 wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR :D
Yes Happy New Year to all you guys and gal.

I am going to a party in my area tonight.

I am traveling lite with just Bird Brain, TAD and THE BOLT. I only have to carry THE BOLT as my wife now carries in her handbag (and performs even when I am not around) TAD and Bird Brain. I lost THE BOLT that I was carrying on Christmas Day, I will have to open another. I am glad I bought more than one.

I love THE BOLT. I just gave one to John B and he was mesmerized. He figured out how it works too. Way over my head.

Thanks SImon for bringing THE BOLT to our attention.
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... bolt#p9225

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:19 pm

yes it is a wee puzzle but no prizes this time :)
I love that bolt, devious, UBER examinable, portable, it's killer and has its own pocket in my magic bag (as well as a stash for the 'magic materials'.
have a fantastic evening everyone, whatever you may be up to, I'm looking forward to another great year chatting with you wonderful wizards.
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Yes it has indeed been a fun year on this forum.
I think I'll have to pick up The Bolt next year. My curiosity is piqued.

Oh and Simon's puzzle says "Happy New Year".
Take the first letter of each trick except where there is a number in the corner which points to a different letter. :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:57 pm

Everybody a very happy Tenyear!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:23 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
I got off to a bad start already sadly, dropped my iPhone this morning :(
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Elliot W. wrote:Oh and Simon's puzzle says "Happy New Year".
Take the first letter of each trick except where there is a number in the corner which points to a different letter. :)
Cool Puzzle Simon and great job by Elliot to solve it.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:13 pm

JohnM wrote:
Pete1805 wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR :D
Yes Happy New Year to all you guys and gal.

I am going to a party in my area tonight.

I am traveling lite with just Bird Brain, TAD and THE BOLT. I only have to carry THE BOLT as my wife now carries in her handbag (and performs even when I am not around) TAD and Bird Brain. I lost THE BOLT that I was carrying on Christmas Day, I will have to open another. I am glad I bought more than one.

I love THE BOLT. I just gave one to John B and he was mesmerized. He figured out how it works too. Way over my head.

Thanks SImon for bringing THE BOLT to our attention.
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... bolt#p9225
So I went with eight possible tricks, none being Tenyo.

I wanted to bring my fire wallet but it needed new flint.

I loaded up with dime and penny, 3D sponge rabbits, a nice wooden Hot Rod, two D'Lites, Chameleon Coins (which is the same tricks as the one Simon made a video of the other day) and of course THE BOLT. My wife had the Bird Brain and TAD in her handbag.

Just before midnight I handed my wife her D'Lite. I was looking for some Christmas lights to start the trick (like in Botond's video) but none were in the room. There was a disco light so I pulled the red light off of it and threw it to my wife. Every was amazed. We started throwing it back and forth, bouncing it off the floor and walls and passing it through our bodies and bodies of the guests. It was a big hit especially because the gathering was my wife's friends and they were like "look at Mary Jo." It was going good until I ate a light and pulled it out my arse. I guess that was too much. I next did 3D rabbit for a couple of her lady friend and that went well. I then sat myself at the bar with my back to the wall ready to do some more magic, but that was enough for this crowd. So it was just two good tricks and back to drinking and BSing.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:58 pm

SimonC wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
I got off to a bad start already sadly, dropped my iPhone this morning :(
Happy belated New Year everyone....so sorry to here bad news about your iphone Simon. Hope Santa is still walking around and send you a new one :). Thank god it is still working.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:25 am

that's really cool your wife and you were able to do tricks together, the d lite routine sounds cool I've never thought to do it with two people. it's a shame they weren't up for more magic but hey it's their loss, the bolt is a major party piece, they missed out there. my wife was looking for a cool clip to post on her Facebook page and I said hey you could put one of my tricks up. one awkward pause later she said 'they're not really into magic' their loss ;)
oh and never stop plucking lights out your arse it's the best bit of the trick!
Hope you had a good time,
oh and vic, watch the clip... ;)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:43 am

SimonC wrote: oh and vic, watch the clip... ;)
I missed that last one......really cool Simon.. ok....I`m fooled :o

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:22 am

me too, no idea how I fixed it ;) i must be a wizard.
the real mystery is the serial unliker, the last few videos I've put up have been disliked within an hour of them going up, i think it's one of my students who has discovered my alter-ego ;)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:05 am

A wonderful 2015 to everyone!

And good video (ok let me check, yes ok) SIMON ;)
JohnM wrote:... I then sat myself at the bar with my back to the wall ready to do some more magic, but that was enough for this crowd. So it was just two good tricks and back to drinking and BSing.
I know the feeling :( - only my litle niece (who is 10) was interested. But all she wants me to do is explain tricks, so in the end (after doing 2 or 3 tricks) I explained spiked coin and gave it to her. The next morning she told me I could keep it ... now that she knew how it was done she wasn't really interested anymore in it :o . Ah well, lesson learned, she slearly is still to young!

I also showed the color changing discs by the way, which I totally forgot about untill Simon did the video of it :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:44 am

Yeah Ive had a version of it for years, and it was only after I got the set in the video for Christmas that I remembered it. I'm sure there's a better routine to do with them out there tho.
My original set is brass and nice and heavy, but the d***s are stuck in place after years of neglect!
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:09 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:I know the feeling :( - only my litle niece (who is 10) was interested. But all she wants me to do is explain tricks, so in the end (after doing 2 or 3 tricks) I explained spiked coin and gave it to her. The next morning she told me I could keep it ... now that she knew how it was done she wasn't really interested anymore in it :o . Ah well, lesson learned, she slearly is still to young!
David, what I would do in a situation like that is show her a couple of tricks but then do a little performance with her for her parents and the others around. It usually works pretty well.

The Saturday before Christmas I went to my cousins house for his 23rd annual gentlemen's brunch. His middle son is into animals of all kinds. I had showed him Bird Brain previously. As I walked in I told him that I brought a Bird Brain for him. He said "no thanks." His younger brother was smiling and looking at it. I said "would you like it?" He said "No." But then the middle son ran upstairs and came down with this contraption of black wires and black boxes. It took 5 minutes to wrap himself in the contraption and then he started shoot fire with it from his hands. Very cool device that uses flash paper to shoot fire for about 10 feet. Very dangerous too. He said it was $400 and his mom bought it for him. I told him that he might like Vapr and he said it is already on his list.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:25 am

Happy Birthday Botond :)
Now you see me...