Laser-cutting 3d objects - JUST AMAZING!

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
BluBob

Laser-cutting 3d objects - JUST AMAZING!

Post by BluBob » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:18 pm

AMAZING 3D Printer

LaserOrigami is a rapid prototyping system that produces 3D objects using a laser cutter. LaserOrigami is substantially faster than traditional 3D fabrication techniques such as 3D printing and unlike traditional laser cutting the resulting 3D objects require no manual assembly.

Can you imagine the impact and/or new possibilities on Tenyo and Tenyo-like Magic?

This is a "gamechanger" ...

Not just Magic of course, but stunning advances in technology continue to impress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arjRtCjI9AQ
and now, on with the show ...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Laser-cutting 3d objects - JUST AMAZING!

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Yes I saw this too just an hour ago, thanks to a link from Chris Wasshuber.

This is amazing stuff, although still very expensive. We actually already discussed 3D printers a while ago here, but this is something new! Exciting developments are going on in this area!

With this equipment it is possible indeed to make magic props...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Laser-cutting 3d objects - JUST AMAZING!

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:32 am

A friend of mine bought a 3D printer a year ago ('only' costed 250 EURO) and he's very happy with it. You can use a substance that looks and feels like wood (or metal), but is plastic of course. That would be great to print some objects for our magic tricks.
He told me it does require A LOT of time to print one single object, and for example magic tricks consist of different objects so it would take days to have a prototype. And you'll have to be able to make 3D files for the objects which also take a lot of time to 'program'.

As Bob said, this type of machine could overcome most of those 'problems', thanks for sharing this Bob!