possible FSO meet up

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
SimonC
Global Moderator

possible FSO meet up

Post by SimonC » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:52 pm

good evening all, John and I were discussing the possibility of the FSO meet up in Amsterdam this summer. in theory we could meet during the weekend of the 23rd of August, who else would be up for it? it would be amazing!
There will be custom tshirts for all attendees
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: possible FSO meet up

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:50 pm

I'll be there...
Easy for me of course living 5 steps ahead of Amsterdam :)

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:18 pm

Oh, no..... I would love to meet you guys.

Maybe in the future we can organize a meeting many months in advance. Then I would be able to make it.

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:58 pm

I will try to be there so please send me all the information anyway.
A bit more notice would have been a definite.
Simon from Aus (but English)

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:10 am

I wont't be able to make it this year already have shows and a family event for that weekend. I'm sure you will have a great time!
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Wow Amsterdam! just about an hour flight from Geneva, hope to be there too.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:49 pm

WOOPIEDOO!! That's an hour or three with the train, and it's a great city and it's a city my wife loves to visit :D

99% sure I'll be there guys - GREAT! My wife is already asking about the great vintage shops that are in Amsterdam, but she does realize she'll have to visit them on her own :lol: (which isn't a problem for her :) )

So yeah, when everything is settled I'll book an hotel and sunday will be the FSO day! :)

David

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:03 pm

cool, it's great there's some interest this could work out well. I need to check a few things and double check with john, I will aim to conform by tomorrow evening :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:08 am

I'll keep an eye on this thread because I'll need to book an hotel of course, like you guys I suppose :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:22 am

Simon mentioned the idea of him arriving on Sat evening (22nd), staying all day Sunday (23rd) and leaving Mon morning (24th).

That sounds good to me and I will probably stay longer and maybe go to another country too.

We should all try and stay at the same hotel. Probably a midrange in price if that works. Can someone look into a good place for us to stay.

Is anyone thinking of bringing their significant others?

Would you guys still go if I cannot make it?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:57 pm

I don't think we could call it an FSO meet up without you there john ;)
I would like to bring Mrs Craze but I don't think it would work with the Mystic Ruby.
I'll have a look at hotels. I was going to go for a hostel as they're nice and cheap but I wouldnt recommend them if you like a comfy bed (and privacy!)
So how are you fixed John? If you're in I think we should go ahead :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Guys, some bad news from my side. My father in law, who has cancer (and chemo doesn't help), is rapidly becoming very bad in health ... . Today we took him to the ER of the hospital and he now has to stay there for a couple of days to gain some strength (hasn't eaten for days now). We're already thinking about cancelling our holidays, we'll see ... .
In any case me and my wife would like to join you guys (no doubt about that!), but if things get worse (think as in the worst that can happen) we'll probably have to cancel the trip of course ... .
If we come (which is still is a big go for us at the moment, let that be clear), we would arrive sunday (morning I guess) and stay sunday evening, and leave on monday.

Staying at the same hotel as you guys would be the best option for us too of course, but since it most likely will be a last minute decision for us perhaps we will be obliged to stay somewhere else ... . If however, Simon, you find a hotel which has some kind of annulation service/insurance that would be fine for us too. Oh and if you guys would take a hostel, than I'm afraid we'll look for something else ... we had some very bad experiences in the past and no way I would be able to convince my wife to stay in a hostel again ... .

By the way, bringing your significant others (what a great way to say 'wife'! ;) ) would be great (if possible of course, which isn't easy with a child I'm sure) for Emmy (my significant other) and the other women/an I think :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:34 pm

I love to join but it`s really out of my budget travelling to Europe and I have to work. Hope you can make it guys and have really a crazy magical time. Have fun ! ;)

David, very sorry to hear that. Wish your father in law a soonest recovery and hope everything will be ok.

Vic

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:22 am

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law David, I hope things begin to get better for him. I will book my train over to Amsterdam for that weekend. I will be on my own as the Mystic Ruby is still a little young for this sort of thing and Mrs Craze is going to stay home with him. I will keep my eyes peeled for hotels/hostels and let you know what I find. I will most likely go for a hostel as I'll be on my own and would rather spend the money on a hotel room when I have my good lady wife to share it with!
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:05 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Guys, some bad news from my side. My father in law, who has cancer (and chemo doesn't help), is rapidly becoming very bad in health ... . Today we took him to the ER of the hospital and he now has to stay there for a couple of days to gain some strength (hasn't eaten for days now). We're already thinking about cancelling our holidays, we'll see ... .
In any case me and my wife would like to join you guys (no doubt about that!), but if things get worse (think as in the worst that can happen) we'll probably have to cancel the trip of course ... .
If we come (which is still is a big go for us at the moment, let that be clear), we would arrive sunday (morning I guess) and stay sunday evening, and leave on monday.

Staying at the same hotel as you guys would be the best option for us too of course, but since it most likely will be a last minute decision for us perhaps we will be obliged to stay somewhere else ... . If however, Simon, you find a hotel which has some kind of annulation service/insurance that would be fine for us too. Oh and if you guys would take a hostel, than I'm afraid we'll look for something else ... we had some very bad experiences in the past and no way I would be able to convince my wife to stay in a hostel again ... .

By the way, bringing your significant others (what a great way to say 'wife'! ;) ) would be great (if possible of course, which isn't easy with a child I'm sure) for Emmy (my significant other) and the other women/an I think :)
So sorry to hear about your wife's father David. Hopefully he will get better soon.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:18 pm

I looked into my flight and it is over $1,500 per person. I think that is a lot for only a few days. What I would like to do is really plan this out for next summer when Simon and David are off from school and I will plan a European vacation around it and make sure I am in Amsterdam for the key days.

I hope this does not mess anyone up. You guys should still meet this year if you can. It was so great the day Simon and I spent together.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Woah that's a lot!
I think it's best we hold fire for now so we can all save up and get as many of us together at once.
Let's bang our heads together and come up with a date in the not too distant future.
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:46 am

I love the idea of a FSO get-to-gether.
My problem, Summer months our Blues Band is very active at major Festivals.
If the date happens to fall on an "off" day. I could make it.

I have just today returned from a 9-day Band tour.

DAVID: Sending wishes for peace and understanding for you, and your family.
and now, on with the show ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:54 am

Thanks for all the kind words guys, much appreciated.

I think it is perhaps better to wait another year, the price for the flight is pretty ridiculous for a few days as John says. And hopefully more members can come next year :)

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:35 pm

Hey, guys, so what about a virtual meeting? We could use Google Hangout. It would be a pleasure to meet you all and chat about Tenyo and magic in general.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:20 pm

I would LOVE to do a google hangout. Let's try and figure out a day and time.

I can run it.

Sunday's around noon would probably be the best as far as day and time zone are concerned.

I am in NYC this weekend. Going to see Penn and Teller tonight.

2nd row center. I will try and get to them copies of Think A Drink and Bird Bird.

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Oh, yes, Sunday would be perfect? Because there is no need for much planning (plane tickets, hotels), what about next sunday? ;-)

Have a great show, John! I think I will go to Vegas in January just to watch magic shows and buy magic tricks. Because my wife is not interested, I might go alone! That will be an intensive magic course...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Woah Penn and Teller!! have a fantastic night mate, what a great way to celebrate 2 years of your awesome creation :) I hope you get your tricks to them :)
Now you see me...

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:18 pm

oops, I just remembered that next Sunday we will travel for one week!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:52 pm

JohnM wrote:I would LOVE to do a google hangout. Let's try and figure out a day and time.

I can run it.

Sunday's around noon would probably be the best as far as day and time zone are concerned.
Sunday at noon sounds like it could work the best for me. Let me work out the logistics with the missus.
Where's my colon?!