The mysterious Cube of Chung Fu

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
Simon Layland

The mysterious Cube of Chung Fu

Post by Simon Layland » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:41 am

I Just Paid for the Mysterious Cube of Chung Fu by Eckhart Boettcher (manufactured by Thomas Pohle)without seeing a video, I have since found a video.
Please someone here tell me the performer in this video is performing it wrong !( the disappearance at the end)

https://youtu.be/psg0caMb7EI
Simon from Aus (but English)

bobt1
Charter Member

Re: The mysterious Cube of Chung Fu

Post by bobt1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:08 am

Hi, I bought this item when it was 1st released and sold it years later. Essentially, the 1st part is where the top/bottom colors of the cube mysteriously reverse. This is done twice. Finally, the performer asks if the spectator can guess the top color of the cube after the performer places it into the box without showing the color. This is done by taking the box below the table along with the cube. The performer puts the fake red piece on top of the box and leaves the real cube on his lap. He removes the box covering the open top of the box. The performer guesses which color is on top. Regardless of the the named color, the performer removes his hand from the top of box showing the red color. He then states that he will cover the box with the lid and see what color will transpose. When he remove the lid, the cube is gone. Hope that helps? bob

Simon Layland

Re: The mysterious Cube of Chung Fu

Post by Simon Layland » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi Bob
Yes that helps a lot, thanks because it gives you a reason to hide the cube (fake one) when placing it in the box for the spectator to guess the color.
The performer in the video I attached makes a Pigs ear of the last part.
Thanks Bob
Simon from Aus (but English)