EDC kit

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
SimonC
Global Moderator

EDC kit

Post by SimonC » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Evening all! I seem to be posting a lot of non-tenyo related stuff recently, and here's another!
I've just uploaded a new video on my channel, it's a run through my EDC bag. EDC stands for every day carry and it's supposed to house anything you think may be useful in your day to day life and some things which may help in a emergency. I had great fun putting it together. If you're interested in that sort of thing here's the link below (my next post will be about tenyo I promise!)
http://youtu.be/LFo5iEtUZpg
Now you see me...

PeterW

Re: EDC kit

Post by PeterW » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Cool idea Simon, I've never heard of an EDC kit, but it's a great idea. Fantastic use of space as well! Thanks for the video!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:13 pm

You forgot the cyanide pills.

VictorS

Re: EDC kit (Update)

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:39 am

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank our SimonC who inspired me on creating the EDC kit.i love it so much. I have been carrying this kit for months (almost 1 year). I take it with me when I travel it out of home, out of city and even countries. It helps me a lot, also my family and friends. I showed Simon once and I think it would be great to share it with you. So my size of the EDC pouch is about 12 cm X 16 cm x 6 cm. It`s not so big and quite handy. It has a handle on the pouch for easy carry. The pouch can carry approx 50 items you can see here in the picture. I`m wondering also how everything can fit into this small room, but it fits. And I think small useful stuff keep coming in the future. I don`t know it yet. Many of survival kits are very useful and can be packed flat here. But the only thing that we need to remember if we travel by airplane, some of sharp stuff and also flammable stuff may not be allowed to be stored in your hand carry, so I put them separately in my luggage. As Simon said, every EDC is unique, maybe you can customized it based on your needs.

Many thanks again for the inspiration Simon and good luck to all of you who wants try to make one.

Cheers,
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:01 am

Amazing!! That's a brilliant kit Vic, you've crammed a lot in there! I love seeing other people's kits, they're as individual as the person them-self. I imagine Robs would need space for an orange Lego brick removing tool!
The one in my video is now proudly in the glove box of my new van, ready for all eventualities :)
I have been working on a new EDC type project since Christmas, its a big one! I'm hoping to make a video before I go back to work, thanks for reminding me Vic!
Your kit looks wicked :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:14 am

Thanks mate.....Can't wait to see your next project :) wish you a great success Simon !!