Dream Journal

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
VictorS

Re: Dream Journal

Post by VictorS » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:43 am

Elliot W. wrote:You could buy the Tenyo Science Magic Set on Ebay. It will cost you about the same but at least you get more tricks with it. :)
I considered that already Elliot, thanks for the tip. Japan online shops will be also another great solution ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:25 am

Mine arrived today. After watching the short video I was able to do this straight away. First time I did it I laughed out loud and called my wife over, it's super visual!
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Super visual...super fun to watch...super cheap...perfect. :mrgreen:
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

MarkSoCal

Post by MarkSoCal » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:27 am

I agree...Penguin is a class act as far as dealers of magic are concerned, and their pricing is always competitive. They usually have video to go with any effect they sell.
I received Dream Journal a few days ago, but have not had the time to play with it ( a few too many Tenyo packages arriving at the same time!).....ha!...new collector!)
Rick Lax is an excellent presenter of magic at Penguin! One of the best. An easy going natural style....very engaging. He has a wonderful take on Tenyo's Crash Dice that really amps up the effect. I encourage everyone to check it out.....I'll be using that approach to Crash Dice.
Rick has numerous tricks available on Penguin (maybe most are exclusive?), priced very fairly, especially the downloads. I don't think anyone current today is a better teacher of magic than Rick.......just my opinion :-)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:30 pm

With the 'sudden' birth of my son I completely forgot about this ... . I just ordered it, the price is still very affordable with free shipping to Europe :)

By the way I got this very cool video where my trick (the two springs) was packed in the envelope with my adress on it. Fun to watch :D

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:27 am

Such great service, and support ...

I LOVE this effect!

I hook the two springs together, but keep the left spring hidden behind the the left wrist. Then, I begin to pull/stretch the springs from the fingertips, and, at the same time, pulling the hidden spring into view. The springs will appear to be moving eternally backwards while growing at the same time. Very Weird! (and fun) -=] :roll: [=-
Last edited by BluBob on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
and now, on with the show ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:54 am

BluBob wrote: I hook the two springs together, but keep the left spring hidden behind the the left wrist. Then, I begin to pull/stretch the springs from the fingertips. The springs will appear to be moving eternally backwards while growing at the same time. Very Weird! (and fun) -=] :roll: [=-
I will definately try it that way, thanks Bob!