Performing??

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
MadisonPresents

Performing??

Post by MadisonPresents » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:08 pm

Simply out of curiosity, do any of you perform magic? If so, what category? Close up? Cards? Coins? Parlor? Stage?

Just trying to get to know everyone a little better! :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Performing??

Post by SimonC » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:53 pm

I've always performed in pubs and to friends but only to people who are interested, not paid gigs. Recently I've been doing some more planned things, I did my nephews birthday (Harry potter theme, dressed as Sirius black) and my friends wedding. Both for free and just strolling. I have a set of 10-15 effects that pack small.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:31 am

I perform for family, friends and, especially, children of friends and family :) As a teacher I also perform a trick once in a while for my students (age 15 - 18) in december or at the end of the schoolyear.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:04 pm

Basically I love close up stuff (with cards, coins, sponge balls, dice, paddles, ropes, ring, tenyos, customized close up props, etc..etc) I did parlor sometimes as David did for kids or stand up routine at wedding party for family or friends. But I really need to build my own routine which fits into my character. But the most important thing that I need to do now is to read more and practice, practice and practice. I have no enough time for this now :(

@Simon : The Anniversary Waltz would be a great option for your friends wedding ;)