RIP Daryl

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
Steve S.

RIP Daryl

Post by Steve S. » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:51 pm

I am very sad to announce that Daryl has passed away. What a wonderful magician he was! Certainly one of the very best of my generation. He was 61.

A gigantic loss to the magic community worldwide!
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: RIP Daryl

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm

I never met Daryl, but I do own a few tricks invented by him. Double Crossed being one of my favourites of all card magic tricks I own ... and what I rememer is that his explanations on DVD were always so clear, understandable, nice and calm ... .

He was a fantastic magician, a great inventor of magic tricks and I'm sure he was a great person ... .

61 years old ... that is MUCH too soon to leave us ... :( He will be missed for sure.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:37 pm

He committed suicide by hanging in his dressing room at The Magic Castle between shows. He must have been in a very dark place in his life. RIP

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Very sad.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Truly a shocking news. Daryl was a hero in magic. I love all of his works for close up magic which I am still using most of his stuff until today to perform. He was a living encyclopedia of card sleights and remarkable inventor for ultimate ambitious card routine and moves. Presto printo is the best wild card routine ever invented by him. I enjoyed performing it to the leyman and sold lots of it when I helped my friend who owned magic shop in Berlin. Once I tried to email him to ask if he will accept an idea from me for Presto Printo 2.0 and he replied me surprisingly. Unfortunately I never reply him again because at the end I thought it was a terrible idea. Very sad to hear that he decided to leave us so soon. Rest In Piece Daryl, you will be missed!

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:35 am

What a shock.... So very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.