IBM/SAM convention

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
magicjeff

IBM/SAM convention

Post by magicjeff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Well friends, I thought I would write this review of the convention. Here we go..1st off..it was beyond awesome! The convention staff did an amazing job with every detail of everything! The shows, lectures, hospitality, and overall experience was top notch! The acts that are going to fism were beyond deserving! Anyways, going into the tenyo direction...I got to meet the one and only Richard Kaufman and now own my copy of tenyoism and couldn`t be happier! It is truly the bible of the magic we all love. I also picked up some tenyo for myself and a few others. It was also my Lady Amanda`s 1st magic convention and she had a blast! Wish more of you were there!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: IBM/SAM convention

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 am

Thanks for the review Jeff. I hope I can attend one of those meetings one day ... .
And thanks again for making it possible for a lot of collectors to buy some great Tenyo at affordable prices!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:34 am

Nice story buddy....and congratulations on growing your Tenyo collection ! :)

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:59 am

Very happy to hear that you had a great time at the convention!

My first convention was in 1968. The guy at the magic shop I used to go to told me about it and said that, because I was a kid, I could probably just walk in for free. It was only a few blocks away so I went and did just that. I walked in, sat down with a group of magicians who were talking, showing each other card tricks, etc. and had an amazing time! I knew that day that magic was going to be a major part of my life.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:56 am

Curious ... does anyone here ever go to the Magi-Fest in Ohio?
and now, on with the show ...

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:11 am

I haven't but that event could be a terrific way for us to have one of those get-togethers I have been talking about. At least the east coast guys (for starters) could meet up there! Hmmm...
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:01 am

I went to Magi-Fest a few years ago and had an absolute blast. It was the year that they brought in Juan Tamariz, which made it all the more special. The last couple of years have been plagued by bad weather which may be okay for the local folks, but some friends of mine from the Pacific Northwest (where I live) said the travel was a bit of a burden, forcing some to leave early one year in advance of a storm. Josh and Andi run a terrific convention, which is well-attended by a host of notable names (above and beyond those on the marquee). I just wish it wasn't in the dead of winter.

On another note, I have attended both of the Genii Conventions (and will be returning this October), and last year's Magic LIVE (and the one coming up in a few weeks). Both are very well run and extremely entertaining. Richard has put together an amazing list of performers, and Stan... well... Magic remains a mystery, but if it is anything like last year it will just as likely knock my socks off.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Nice to meet you as well.

Magi-Fest is an enjoyable convention (not much Tenyo action). I personally have not experienced bad weather during Magi-Fest in years.

Every convention has a completely different character.