Faith Hacker by Dr. Cyril Thomas

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
Richard W
Global Moderator

Faith Hacker by Dr. Cyril Thomas

Post by Richard W » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:47 pm

Hey you guys want to take a look at this looks really good.
At first I thought it was going to be boring and same old stuff but quickly change to great. Popcorn

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14533

Faith Hacker (Instant Download)

Slowly erase a rubber band into thin air. The most visual rubber band vanish ever created.

"This looks like real magic, I love it!"Joe Rindfleisch

This new trick is mesmerizing. I've never seen anything like it. Not even close. A rubber band slowly just gets... erased from existence. It doesn't instantly vanish the way rubber band magic usually works.. this is seriously gonna make you question your own eyes.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

ØyvindK

Re: Faith Hacker by Dr. Cyril Thomas

Post by ØyvindK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:53 am

Looks amazing on video, but getting into the set-up is of course edited out, so I read the reviews, and found this one:
a reviewer wrote:I see all the 5 star reviews and yes it looks nice but in my opinion, very angle sensitive. Would be hard to do in close up. Even getting into set up would be difficult without giving away the method to the spectator. Would be nice to see live performances on how he gets into performance without giving away the method. Would be great for video but in person, not really. I gave 2 stars because I appreciate his passion and it looks good under the right angles. Hope this helps.
Did you buy it, Richard? If so, do you agree with this reviewer?

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Agree this looks very angle sensitive. Pretty sure I worked it out.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:42 am

ØyvindK

I have not purchased this.

Agree It would have to be angle sensitive. I just thought it looks really good and you guys would like to see it. I haven't thought about it much but would like to see it done live. Only $9.99 to get the instant download is cheap.

This guy say's in his review "Not nearly as angel sensitive as I expected".

One guy says "Wow!! 5 stars isn't enough! I don't do a lot of rubber band magic. Usually just a 3 phase crazy man's hand cuffs. But that just changed for 4 phases with Faith Hacker as the closer for a super visual vanish that they can actually watch as it happens! And the best part? No complicated moves!

Not many are saying much about angles and that guy uses it as a closer so he clearly has to get it set up right in front of them.

John are you able to do all you see in the video?
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Sorry Richard, in re-reading my post it conveys maybe more than I intended. I think I see how he is able to vanish the band and where it likely goes- ultimately just a guess since I did not buy. I have not watched it enough to re-create the whole thing.

Thanks for posting and maybe someone here will buy and share their thoughts. At one point I was working on a linking/unlinking band from one of Chris Kenner's books that was really cool.