Chile Earthquake

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
VictorS

Chile Earthquake

Post by VictorS » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:18 am

Hi guys,
I heard there was a big 8.2 earthquake in chile. Anyone get any news from Roberto ? I hope he is fine and get no any impact on the earthquake.

Victor
Last edited by VictorS on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Chile Earthquake

Post by JohnM » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 am

He last logged on at midnight but I am not sure of the time of the earthquake.

If you want to see who is visiting and when, you can click on the Members link on the menu bar and then click on "Last Active" twice. You will get a list members in order of who visited last.

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:39 am

before i post my thread ''invisible Man'' i messaged him first asking permission to use his name but i haven't receive any reply from him until now. if i'm not mistaken his from PATAGONIA. i hope they are fine there.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:31 am

Hello Guys!!!

Me, family and friends are OK……I live in Santiago in the center of Chile, an area that was not reached by the earthquake.........but...........I was in a business trip in Calama, a small city in the north of Chile and the earthquake was perceived there but at a lower level because it is far from the coast.

The epicenter was close to Arica and Iquique so in this 2 coast cities the movement was huge.

There are no big damages on the cities infrastructure (compared with the earthquake from 4 years ago)……….the big fear was the tsunami after the earthquake….but fortunately it was no so big as 4 years ago and didn’t caused so much damage.

I'm still in the north..........today there was a second earthquake: 7,6 Richter (yesterday was 8,2 Richter)........is crazy .......you can feel little earthquakes every hour!!. Fortunately this country is used to this and buildings are prepared for this so there are no big disasters........the big problems are the Tsunamis.....you don't know how big they will come.

Cheers!!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:41 am

We are all praying that there will be no more further loss of lives due to this disaster.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 am

Good to hear you and your family and friends are unharmed Roberto!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:55 am

I am glad to hear that you and your family and friends are OK.