The search for the mysterious Tenyo

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
David (Felderswynne)

The search for the mysterious Tenyo

Post by David (Felderswynne) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:25 pm

A book by Jorge Luis Borges, 'Labyrinths' might be a great resource for those who like to weave mystical or whimsical themes into their performances. It is a collection of short stories, for which some, question what it is to have knowledge of something.
For the magician, it could produce a treasure trove of ideas. For example, one could create a story about a Tenyo trick that supposedly exists but has never has been seen by anyone. One of the brass at Tenyo claims that it does exist, but so far, its whereabouts is unknown.
The aspect of magic that I like is that the mystical, the eccentric, and flat out strange have a home.
"The mystery becomes greater as the box becomes smaller"

justme-Rick

Re: The search for the mysterious Tenyo

Post by justme-Rick » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:10 am

I have something for discussion that wouldn't comprise a whole book but might be worthy of a couple of paragraphs. I acquired a supposed prototype of a Tenyo trick made by Angelo Carbone for Marvel Comics Magic Series. It was for there Spiderman comic book. It was a red apartment building with a string running down thru it to the first floor, with a Spiderman cut out attached. You pull the string and Spiderman appears on the top floor.

Now that's the gist of the trick and would like any info on it that the members may have as it never went into production. Three prototypes were made and I have one. PLEASE HELP........

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:50 am

ah
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

justme-Rick wrote:I have something for discussion that wouldn't comprise a whole book but might be worthy of a couple of paragraphs. I acquired a supposed prototype of a Tenyo trick made by Angelo Carbone for Marvel Comics Magic Series. It was for there Spiderman comic book. It was a red apartment building with a string running down thru it to the first floor, with a Spiderman cut out attached. You pull the string and Spiderman appears on the top floor.

Now that's the gist of the trick and would like any info on it that the members may have as it never went into production. Three prototypes were made and I have one. PLEASE HELP........
Rick, there is an entire thread on the actual auction where you won the trick in the Members Only Section. Once you have about 10 quality posts you will have access to it.

Here is the link in advance. http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... f=18&t=852