Fun Stuff Weekend Magic Project

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
VictorS

Fun Stuff Weekend Magic Project

Post by VictorS » Fri May 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi guys,

I plan to share with you one "weekend magic project" which I think should be fun for all of us. It is free ( because I`ll not sell it to you :) ),very2 low cost in the preparation but you need a little effort and patient to build it. I`ll finish this 1st small project ASAP and share with you guys. Here is a sneak peek before we go to the "main course" :)

Cheers,
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Re: Fun Stuff Weekend Magic Project

Post by Jaime C. » Sat May 17, 2014 12:10 am

Ferrero Rocher third eye :)
nice one Victor.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat May 17, 2014 1:45 am

classy :)
did they have the same advert as in the uk?
"ah me superanto, with these rocher you are really spoiling us"
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat May 17, 2014 3:10 am

Aaaahh Ferero Rocher, the only sweet I actually like! Thanks and looking forward to it Victor!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat May 17, 2014 5:07 am

My dear FSO Friends,

As my promise, I finished my first weekend magic project and I named it “ The Chocookie Mental “ It looks like Tenyo special, but it is not guys :) I present this idea especially for Simon and David who just celebrated their birthday. Once again congratulations to all my good friends. I heard also Simon is one of the fans of Multiple Outs and Packet Trick and I believe you will love this trick Simon ;)

To start this I would like you to visit the Canon Craft Website under below link and download the PDF Assembly Instructions and Patterns. I choose, A4 format 120gr paper to print color the patterns. To save your ink, I recommend to only print the pattern.

a.The Chocookie Box (Original name : Pop-up Card (Chocolate-box) credit to Hiroko from Canon)

http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3053/c00012/index.html

b.The Predicition Card (Original name : Present-shaped card set credit to Nozaki Akiko from Canon)

For this, I print it smaller. You can setup your printer to print 2 PDF pages in 1 side of paper. So in you will have 50 % smaller dimension. This is not mandatory for you to print if you want to came up with your own prediction.

http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3205/c00021/index.html

c. The box construction and assembly.
Follow all instructions and before that prepare your working tools:
1 small scissors,1 big scissors,1 cutter, UHU liquid glue, glue stick, double sided tape, thin steel plate (for this I use the cracker packaging), small flat neodyum magnet diameter 1 cm (I breaked it in 2; if you find smaller size of magnet, you can use it too)

d. This craft was designed to become a permanent greeting card. And I made some modification. All the chocolate and cookies (in the box) have a metal core. The steel are glued in the middle between 2 chocolate/cookies form.I put neodyum magnet and glue it under the base/holder with the double sided tape so they can hold the chocolate and cookies. So they are not glued permanently like the original one. Thanks to the magnet and steel.You can choose your own chocolates and cookies. One of the chocolate / cookie should be marked with X.

d. Prediction construction and assembly.
I made also modification on this envelope and I made a slit to put my paper prediction there. You can make your own prediction too if you think this will be too complicated.

e. The Choco Mental
From the rest of the material supplied, I choose 5 squares different of chocolates and I look for the other 2 same chocolate and glue it back to back, so you will have double faces square chocolate and 5 square chocolates. I put everything into the small envelope I made by myself. The routine follows in the next section.

f. The Routine

Preparation : Put the greeting card inside the red envelope, behind the card the prediction envelope and small envelope for the choco mental routine and 1 real ferrero rocher in your pocket.

Fig.1> I started the routine by introducing the small envelope with small chocolates. I put the double face chocolate into my palm and performing the magician choice with the 5 chocolates. I`m quite flexible with the prediction since I have actually 2 predictions. Just flip the chocolate according to the outcome. I believe you are all familiar with this. I just like the routine with the chocolate 

Fig. 2 & 3 > I introduce the greeting card only and left the predicition inside the red envelope.

Fig . 4 > Introducing The Chocookie Box. And let the spec. think of ONE chocolates or cookies. This is the scenario :

The cookie with heart form is my “key”. I ask the spec to think of 1 object and I make my best guess by telling the spec :” I know you will choose the heart cookie”. If this hit, then you are lucky. A perfect mind reading !! But if not, calm down, don`t panic and ask them what object they actually thought of.

Here are other alternatives:

If they choose:
-Square chocolate: take all cookies and chocolates and show only the square chocolate which has the X mark (Fig. 5)
-The Jelly Cookie : Let the spec go to the envelope and open the prediction (fig. 6,7,8)
-The Ferrero Rocher : Take the real ferrero chocolate from your pocket and give it to the spec as small gift. You can also palm the ferrero and use Tenyo magic pop up also to produce the chocolate.

For me, it is a nice 2 mins mental routine for the spec. I tested already by perform it to my wife and she loved it…what a romantic moment ;) Sorry guys for my bad explanation, it is so complicated to explain this in a simple ways but I hope you get all my points. If don`t, I`m open for any question.

Hope you will enjoy it guys and hope you like it.

Wish you a great magical weekend !!

Cheers,
Victor

Credit & special thanks to: Hiroko & Nozaki Akiko from Canon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by VictorS on Sat May 17, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat May 17, 2014 5:35 am

wow........this is extremely creative Victor....thank you very much for sharing it with us!!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sat May 17, 2014 5:49 am

Great trick! This is exactly what Henning Nelms in his book Magic and Showmanship wants us to do - make people care. This multiple out routine is much more interesting than when performed with ESP chips. Thanks for sharing, Victor.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat May 17, 2014 7:03 am

Very, very cleaver Victor! Thanks so much for sharing this :) It will take some time to make it but eventually it will be in my collection :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat May 17, 2014 7:44 am

thanks victor, that's a lot of effort for a gift to us all, much appreciated, I'll try this when I get back to my good printer at work ;)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat May 17, 2014 8:08 am

You`re most welcome my friends. Well, it was not really a real gift because it is only about sharing an Idea. I`m amazed on how the Japanese develop their brain to create a beautiful craft and they worked on every detail. That`s also one of the reason to be in love with Tenyo. Well, I came up to this idea months ago. I just tried to connect this excellent craft with the magic effect....and i think it should work ...and it worked ;)

Well, very happy that you all love this guys. Yes it will take your time, patience and effort to build this but we could build this step by step in our weekend. The routine could be developed more further and it is only limited by your creativity. Wish you good luck and success to build it ;)

Cheers,
Victor

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon May 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi again guys,

Just another additional idea which i thought much better than the first one, I made a simple box of chocolate for the first routine Choco Mental which fit much better to the routine instead of using small envelope (Fig.1 above posting).It wasn`t really a box but like a small greeting card. In addition the quote from the famous Forrest Gump movie would be a great addition also to this routine ;) Below are some pics and printable (A4 paper format) if you want to make by yourself. About the shelves for the chocolates, I only use some cardboard and double sided tape to attached it, so we can insert all chocolates into it. Hope you enjoy it guys. Thanks.

Cheers,
Victor

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue May 20, 2014 12:40 am

that's really cool, great graphics! thanks again victor :)
Now you see me...

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Thu May 22, 2014 6:35 pm

i live in Switzerland and WOW :!: ..LINDT :)
great idea Victor. definitely works well at the restaurant. offer them chocolates after their main course or when they having some coffee :)
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu May 22, 2014 9:56 pm

@Simon & Jamie : You`re most welcome my friends. I tested the routine to several people and the reaction was strong. The key point is how do we convince people that they have really a free choice and not influenced by the performers. A good reference to master the equivoque (Magician`s choice) and multiple outs is the Max Maven DVD : Multiplicity. There are so many variations of effects and principal we can use to fool people`s mind. I would say really2 good stuff in that DVD. Well I will share another example on similar effect in the near future ;)