Free drinks by magic

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
Rob Rand
Charter Member

Free drinks by magic

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 am

In Stanyon's big book I read the following :
_20140731_134212.JPG
That would be a great trick for Simon in the pub! :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Free drinks by magic

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:04 pm

in the goat and boot, fate has presented me with this beer mat, trying to invent a trick with it...
thinking of a multiple out trick or something
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Beautiful starting point Simon! No king of clubs tho... maybe that is an idea? The Missing King?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Yeah I thought I could put my beer on it and say name a king, if the say clubs I pick up my beer and show it's missing, one in four chance ;)
If I had a King of clubs from a mini deck I could pluck it from the beer mat :)
Now you see me...

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:34 am

Will a normal king of clubs fit under the beer mat :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:02 am

it would Pete, I was just thinking of matching it to the size of the cards on the mat.
I've spent many an evening peeling as fiddling with beer mats, I wonder if you could 'delaminate' one, sandwich a card in there then pritt-stick the edges back. have your victim use the mat all night then spring a doozy on them. I like to prepare in advance, I noticed my local don't change their beer mats often so i could set up the night before. every time I go to a pub I ask if they have cards behind the bar and leave them set up for the 4 aces trick so next time I'm in I'm good to go
Now you see me...

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:07 am

127lookunderthebeermat.JPG
Could force this card from deck,comes in red or black back

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:17 am

Take out the king of clubs do a 4 king type trick then force the card look under the beer mat,there must be lots of idear's :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:01 am

not to be performed on people called mat as they may spill their beer looking at the underside of it ;)
Now you see me...

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:12 am

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Picture.jpg

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Very nice, looks a little too much like me on the beers tho.
I just had quite an elaborate multiple outs idea... (I've provided a very detailed diagram to help explain.
You go to a pub where you know there will be a few tables to choose from, where every table has beer mats. On four tables you write under one of the beer mats a different king. Then at the bar, you ask your mate to name any king (say king of hearts) and as you ask this, you both walk casually to the table and put your beers down.
"Why did you ask me to choose a king anyway mate?"
"Oh yes I forgot, look under your beer mat"
"WOW!... Wait a minute I bet all the mats have a different king on"
"Nope"

He may suspect that you'd already primed the mats on that table, but he'd never suspect you'd be so sad as to prep a mat on four different tables!
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:11 am

Multiple outs is always great if you perform only one of these kind of tricks.
Another possible out could be the card sticking inside the beer bottle behind the label. A miniature playing card with some strong adhesive is put into the beer bottle which is standing next to you (in advance of course). If this card is chosen just turn around the bottle.
Second out: beer mat.
Third out: bottom of the glass.
Fourth out: card in your wallet or something, which is lying on the table in advance of course.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:13 am

I did consider getting a duplicate beer bottle label, writing (or even printing!) the card on the back then sticking it back to the bottle. Of you were really quick at the bar and the bottle was damp you may be able to switch the labels before you return to the table. Oh and there's always the good old "look up at the ceiling" and "look under your chair" outs ;)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:23 am

Simon, I`m thinking of more practical effect which giving BOOM effect also for the climax with minimum setup.

Let say at the beginning, you have your K of C folded in quarter and palmed in your right hand. Take the beer mat face down with your right hand (the palmed card is covered also by the mat) Look for a spec who is wearing a watch, let say on her left hand. Let her open both hands palm up. By putting the beer mat faced down, you will say that this beer mat is my prediction. Once the mat landed on spec palm, you slip the folded card under her watch. Ask her to cover the beer mat with her right hand over the mat just to ensure that you cannot change the prediction. So the setup is almost over, all you need to do is forcing the K of C by using magicians choice ;) 1st surprise ....open the prediction mat and show the missing K of C. 2nd effect : You say that if it would be cool to appear the K of C back to the beer mat (which is impossible :)) Now you lay the mat on her right palm faced down. You say....now WATCH.....WATCH carefully. You snap your finger and show that nothings happen. Try it for the 2nd time and let the spec snap her with her left finger. And you say....WATCH.......and nothing happens. For the climax, you just say, did I say WATCH ? :D Check your watch please....and she will get huge surprise....and you Simon will become the KING OF THE CLUB !!! :D :D

Reveal a prediction from 4 choices has less powerful effect because you have 25% of possibility. That is big. To compensate this, appearing something in / on spec`s personal belonging will deliver very strong magic effect and Spec will forget the possibility issue. I`m thinking that would be possible also to slip the folded card unnoticed in Spec`s purse, wallet, pocket..but you need more guts on this. :) Hope you like the routine.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 am

That's a great idea victor (I'm going to call you Vic from now on as I'm lazy ;))
I'd have to practice to have the guts to slip the card under the watch it must be sweet when it works :)
How's this... You write your prediction on a sticker, put it face down on the floor by the bar where your friend stands on it. "Check your shoe mate"
Or...
DO ALL OF THEM!
King of clubs under the watch, on the ceiling under the chair,on the shoe, in the beer mat up their nose. Hide them all over the pub!
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:25 am

SimonC wrote: How's this... You write your prediction on a sticker, put it face down on the floor by the bar where your friend stands on it. "Check your shoe mate"
I really love that idea Simon.....super clever :idea:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:27 pm

I wish you buggers would hurry up and move to Essex. I'm in the goat and boot again, practicing some magic, and I had another eureka moment. AND it's a legitimate excuse to order a beer.
when I'm doing card tricks, I find my fingers lack a certain grip to perform a lot of standard manipulations with confidence. what I've usually done is lick my fingers "in preparation" for dealing etc, however there is no way of doing this without looking like the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang. what I found tonight is that a frosty pint of beer is like a very a very expensive "card manipulator finger lubrication apparatus" if you tried to make a machine that did it better it would cost a packet. and the bonus is... free beer with every purchase! it works amazingly. just before I perform a false shuffle/count/pass etc, I just take a sip of my beer and I'm all good. so it's official, a cold glass of beer is now an essential part of your magic kit.

you're welcome ;)
Now you see me...