New Competition!!

Here you can come when you just want to have some FUN!
SimonC
Global Moderator

New Competition!!

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:38 am

We've all had some time now to check out John's fantastic work on the Tenyo Magic site and The newly launched Planet Tenyo and it's clear to see that A LOT of work has gone into making it.
On John's famous cutting mat below are 19 scraps from the creation of the sites. Your challenge is to find the page they came from and create a list of them numbered as per the second image.
You will need to explore every nook and cranny and hopefully discover things you may not have seen yet.
I'll give you guys until this time next week to PM me your submissions, and there is also a bonus point if anyone can tell me the tiny secret hidden on many if not all of the pages.
If there is a tie I will post a tie-breaker question after the deadline but you can only submit ONCE so use it wisely :)

The winner will receive a Telekinetic nut and bolt as featured in my youtube video below

Happy hunting, enjoy all the treasures you’ll find along the way...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: New Competition!!

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:42 am

When you make your submission, write a numbered list of the pages each scrap has come from, below is the corresponding number to each scrap, good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 am

Nice contest. I am stumped on a few of them myself.

Really nice prize. I had my replacement one out at lunch the other day and totally fooled my friend and the waitress. It is really, really good. I can see why the original cost over a hundred dollars.

SimonC wrote:Your challenge is to find the page they came from and create a list of them numbered as per the second image.
I am not clear on this. Does the contestant list the URLs or just describe the page like "this is from the inventor page"?

Also some of the images can appear in more than one place. Should the contestant look at the perspective/shadow and such to get the exact page or will any page the the item appears on in general be OK?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks John, glad you like it :)
the URL of each picture is fine, but I'm equally happy if you submit the name of the page too. there are some which may appear on more than one page but be careful to check that you haven't submitted the same page for more than one image ;)
The prize is a good one yes (if I say so myself) if you don't have one yet ENTER THIS COMPETITION! But even if you do you'll be glad you have a spare.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Ok guys so we are halfway there with the comp. we have already had some entries and you have until noon Sunday (my time) to get yours in. It's a great prize and you've got to be in it to win it!
What have you got to lose?!
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:51 am

only a couple of hours to go guys, by the end of today you could have a brand new magic trick winging it's way to you. the original of this effect was £120, all it will cost you is half an hour of your Sunday!
I'll give you til the forum clock says 12:00pm so that's 6 hours from now ;)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:10 am

Glad to hear! Was afraid I was too late. Great contest for a Sunday afternoon :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Ok the comp is officially closed and... we have a tie!!
Congratulations Brett and Elliot, you both got 19/19 AND the bonus question so very well done both of you :) and a special mention to rob for a stirling effort too :)
I won't put the answers up so that anyone who missed it can still play for fun.
so... I tried to come up with a tenyo themed tie breaker and here's what I came up with...
in this picture are three of the symbols from hypervision (the three that have full symmetry) I discovered that I can use the viewer through my iPhone so I've got a second photo which shows the one I turned 90degrees.
so the question is Elliot and Brett which one did I turn? post your guesses here, you can't repeat each other's obviously so it's first come first served. and if neither of you get it I'll try something else!
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:01 pm

this also led me to think, you could make a mini hypervision lens and place it over your iPhone camera and perform hypervision in a while new way, like augmented reality!
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm guessing the square
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:37 pm

How about the +?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:44 pm

and the winner is....
Brett! well done sir!
if you PM me your address I shall send you your prize :)
and well played Elliot, the 100% was very impressive :)
thanks for taking part guys
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Congrats Brett!
Enjoy the great prize!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Thank you. That was a fun game you set up there, Simon!

Elliot, in finding the 20, were there any that took a long time to find?

I spent more time trying to find 10 and 18 than anything else.
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:07 pm

It was indeed a lot of fun. Thanks again Simon for another creative contest.

I think I had the most trouble with #5. It looked like from some Japanese tenyo package to me and not at all like a picture. I suspect Simon did that on purpose. :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:16 pm

I only found 6, and later when the contest was over, after hours searching!!!, I only found 2 more, so in total I found 8. But I did find nr 10 rather quick :)

I really give up now, I just wanted to search the others ones for myself, but even that was above my powers. I'm exhausted now :|

But it's not honest, Elliot W has some smart children who helped him :P and Brett had his daughter who certainly helped? 8-) Children are much smarter with these kind of contests :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:17 pm

the use of minions to help in competitions as long as any helpers receive double ice cream for a week.
I'll pm you the ones you missed rob :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:58 am

What a great competition! Congratulations again for the winner Bret. Of course Elliot and Rob have given your best. Sorry Simon that I could not really join into the competition. I had my crazy days last week but thanks for arranging all of this...really interesting competition.

I just found interesting thing that the polarizer from the Hyper vision still work on monitor screen. I`m not sure if you realized this or I`m just too stupid :) I haven`t tried it with other variations because I only took my polarizer lense and try at your photo. I tried to print out color your HV photo and of course the polarization effect was vanish (which I hope it could still exist) :cry:

Cheers,
Vic

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:18 am

cool! that opens up the trick a bit more too. it doesn't work on my iPad screen when I try but I haven't checked on a monitor yet. glad to have you back mate, you can still play the comp just for fun :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 am

Thanks for a great competition Simon :) I didn't participate because of lack of time unfortunately. Congrats to Brett!

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:29 pm

My brain didn't work well with this competition (my wife she refused to help me too :lol: )
Congrats Brett and Elliot and thanks Simon for your effort :!:
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks guys, glad you had a go, I'm sure you all discovered something new on planet tenyo :)
If anyone's losing sleep over any of them just PM me but as I said I'll leave it up to play for fun :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:35 pm

I must say, after having done this contest, I am even more impressed by the enormous amount of information on Tenyo Planet. I've read very interesting things, for instance about how it all started at Tenyo.
Great work John!
And great contest Simon!