Happy 1st Anniversary for FSO !!!

Here you can come when you just want to have some FUN!
VictorS

Happy 1st Anniversary for FSO !!!

Post by VictorS » Sat May 24, 2014 12:46 am

Dear John M,
Dear FSO Fellas,

Looking at the history of the FSO main website, FSO is 1 year old today !! Wooohooo !!

Congratulations for FSO 1st Anniversary ! I joined this forum on Feb 4th 2014 and I should say that it was a very great 3 months for me by joining this forum. FSO is a great place for learning, knowing all of you (crazy funny collectors) more closer :D , great place to talk about cool magic effects, to develop our creativity and find the real FUN here. Congratulation for the great achievement! Extremely happy to be here and wish us great success to John`s FSO Forum and website in the future!

Cheers,
Victor

Note: I have something to share with the bear design below. Please wait guys, it will come soon….
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by VictorS on Sat May 24, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Happy 1st Anniversary for FSO !!!

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat May 24, 2014 2:51 am

Congratulations to John and all members!

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Sat May 24, 2014 3:13 am

Very big thanks to John and congratulations! Thanks for all the information, instructions, advices! It is great being a part of this community.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat May 24, 2014 3:44 am

Thanks Victor for letting us know and for your kind words and the beautiful picture of Miss Tenyoforum!

Yes kudos to JohnM who gave birth to this baby!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sat May 24, 2014 5:49 am

Happy Anniversary FSO and all the members!

Congratulations and thanks to the Tenyo Guru, John Mazza, who created this forum.

Thanks to all who shared ideas, valuable information, photos, videos, and advices.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat May 24, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks guys for the well wishes.

Today marks one year ago that I started working on the sister website.

The anniversary for this form is July 17, 2013.

Maybe we will have more of a planned celebration for the forum anniversary.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat May 24, 2014 8:26 am

Wow, what a year it's been! This has been an amazing thing to be a part of and I've been infinitely more productive and creative than before and that's 100% down to the friendliness, support and encouragement of the members here at FSO and of course Mr Mazza. I've made some amazing friends and learnt a lot too. Thanks John and all those of us suffering from the tenyoitis outbreak that threatens to bankrupt us all.
Long live FSO and all those who sail on her :)
Apologies for my a sense this week, I am in the middle of a variety of pressing things some good some not so. I'm hoping to be back up and running soon, I just wanted to wish us all a happy birthday, and rob your laq tricks are awesome :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat May 24, 2014 11:40 am

Love your design Simon. It looks really cool and so Tenyo. Hope you get all your problems solved asap and continue the fun life !! ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat May 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi again guys,

Birthday without a gift is like Christmas without Santa Clause. I came up with another fun stuff magic project which I thought would be a cool small gift to all of us on FSO birthday. Comparing the chocolate box project I shared to you previously, this project will be a simple project. All you need to do is cut and paste.

I try to describe the effect as short 6 pages of comic so you`ll not fall asleep. I present this effect especially for our FSO founder John M. and all of you FSO members. So sit back, relax and enjoy the reading Teddy on Birthday Party. By the way, the great mentalist figure in the comic was John M, hope you don`t mind John ;)

Lets begin,
Victor
Last edited by VictorS on Sat May 24, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat May 24, 2014 12:49 pm

next pages follow...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat May 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Applaus !!!……That was Mr. Mazza the great Mentalist !!! ;)

Now it`s the time for the tutorial:

I found another simple Canon Paper Craft Project which I modified a little bit and built the mental routine with it. Here are the preparation steps:

a.To start this, I would like you to visit the Canon Craft Website on below link and download the PDF Assembly Instructions and Patterns. I choose, A4 format 120gr paper to print color the patterns. To save your ink, I recommend to only print the pattern. Prepare your working tools & equipment: scissors, UHU liquid glue / glue stick and start the construction.

Pattern to "The Teddy Bear Card Set", credit to Yurika Chiba from Canon
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3205/c-t ... index.html

b. Some modifications :
As you see in the original pattern, the designs of the ball, duck airplane and the teddy bear were not delivered by canon. You can find the design on below attachment. You can print the designs on A4 format paper, and glue it behind all the birthday card boxes. I choose the side with higher brightness.

For "the envelope",I took 4 different pictures delivered by Canon and glue it on the front and back of the envelope. Important point is the flower should be 2nd or 3rd place to make the routine work. The other flower is glued on the back of the envelope.

c. The Routine:

As you see in the effect, the routine was quite simple. I open the routine with a simple classic mental experiment by choosing 1 of the 4 pictures.

For the first routine: ask the spec. choose a number between 1 and 4 as you snap your fingers say it out loud. The word “BETWEEN 1&4” is very important to increase the spec`s awareness. I would say 90 % of the spec will choose 2 or 3. Depending on where you put the flower, just count it either from the top down or bottom up, and you hit the prediction.

Well that`s the simple one, but for layman, it is a good strong effect if we perform it well.

The Teddy routine: I open the envelope and drop all the small box cards on the table. Important points that all the side with the present design (ball,duck,etc) should be faced down at the time you drop it. So the spec, will not realize what will happen next.

As you can see in the effect, I perform an equivoque / magician choice. I let the spec raise their right index finger, count to 3 and let the spec. point at 1 card. Do not say choose but point, because the performer decides what will happen next. If the spec. hit directly the force card and you can proceed to the revelation as in the effect. If not, you continue the elimination process until the spec. end up with the forced card.

There are many techniques of elimination which I think you were already familiar with. If not, I`m open for any question and I`ll explain it. The prediction on Teddy was my idea which I think will be a good opening gag and a good reason to tell the spec. why it was the correct box. So the gag prediction is actually a gag and the prediction itself.

At the end of the routine, this prop could be an excellent gift also for the spectator, everything is examinale and they will never forget the mental experience with you. They will never find the secret because the secrets are always be with you.

Hope you enjoy it guys, happy birthday again to all of us and FSO!

Cheers,
Victor

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat May 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Victor, I am honored that you made this trick for me and all of us.

So much quality work, it is very impressive.

Thank you!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun May 25, 2014 1:49 am

I just read through your routine (and your comic ;)) this really cool thanks victor. I reckon you could well design the next redemption trick for tenyo as well as a main one.
Would it work if you put a heart on the back of the teddy, so that if speccy chooses 1or4, you could pull out face down teddy and show their choice? If they chose 2or3 the envelope would be the other way round so teddy would be face up. Just as a little insurance ;)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun May 25, 2014 2:20 am

Thanks for sharing Victor!

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sun May 25, 2014 3:28 am

FSO's birthday and Victor was the magician for this celebration (applause 3x)
Great work Victor and thanks for sharing your ideas.

Long Live and More Power to FSO and many thanks to John MAZZA and his TEAM for creating this forum :!:
Last edited by Jaime C. on Sun May 25, 2014 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

MartinGo

Post by MartinGo » Sun May 25, 2014 3:39 am

Super Victor!
Eine Meisterleistung!
Gruss
MAGO

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun May 25, 2014 5:07 am

SimonC wrote:I just read through your routine (and your comic ;)) this really cool thanks victor. I reckon you could well design the next redemption trick for tenyo as well as a main one.
Would it work if you put a heart on the back of the teddy, so that if speccy chooses 1or4, you could pull out face down teddy and show their choice? If they chose 2or3 the envelope would be the other way round so teddy would be face up. Just as a little insurance ;)
Of course Simon, as you see here, the possibilities are only limited by your imagination and creativities. There are many ways to Rome and that`s what the idea of developing routine using multiple outs. Same as The Chocolate Routines. It is direct and a really "kick ass" effect to the layman. I tested it ;)

My design skill is still basic Simon, I never studied design and I didn`t use any sophisticated tool like photoshop, etc, etc but I`m only playing around with the MS Powerpoint and basic photo editing from Windows. I know it is not a really good tool for design but it is quite easy to use it. I should try the more professional one ;)

Glad that you like the routine guys. Hopefully I will come up to any other "fun stuff only" ideas in the future ;)

Victor

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun May 25, 2014 6:49 am

I use PowerPoint more than photoshop, it's what I teach my classes to use as they all have it at home. your graphics look really professional :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun May 25, 2014 7:55 am

SimonC wrote:I use PowerPoint more than photoshop, it's what I teach my classes to use as they all have it at home. your graphics look really professional :)
Wow really ? Well than it is not about the tool, but who was the man behind the gun huh ? ;) Thanks Simon for the compliment. Seems that my design fits to your taste also :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun May 25, 2014 9:09 am

A very innocent looking and yet diabolical trick Victor. Alas I have no color printer... But I could print it out and colour it in myself :)
Your creative mind definitely gives this forum more juice!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun May 25, 2014 9:19 am

Rob Rand wrote:A very innocent looking and yet diabolical trick Victor. Alas I have no color printer... But I could print it out and colour it in myself :)
Your creative mind definitely gives this forum more juice!
Thanks Rob, the idea was, to share fun with you and all members. Have you tried the chocolate box project Rob ? It is more challenging in preparation but also more interesting in the routine ;)

Cheers,
Victor

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun May 25, 2014 11:07 am

Not yet Victor, I was too busy with my LaQ project, but it surely appeals to me as a chocolate lover!
But because I like to making things myself, it must be fun to assemble it!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun May 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Congrats all around!!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun May 25, 2014 3:38 pm

JohnM wrote:Thanks guys for the well wishes.

Today marks one year ago that I started working on the sister website.

The anniversary for this form is July 17, 2013.

Maybe we will have more of a planned celebration for the forum anniversary.
Congratulations John for the FSO website birthday!!!

Can´t wait fot the forum birthday!

Victor's magict trick is the best present........thank you for sharing it Victor and for all the time that you should have dedicated to it.

VictorS

Happy 1st Anniversary for FSO & FSO Tenyo Magic Forum !!!

Post by VictorS » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Hello John M and Tenyo forum member,

It is already 17.07.2014 10:33 a.m in Indonesia and I would like to congratulate John M again for your hard work creating this forum "playground" and for your great contribution to Tenyo. Many thanks for all friendship, fun, happy moments created through this forum and wish you John and everyone of us a great success, more fun, more laugh and great magical moments.

Cheers,
Victor