Greg C

After being approved to join this forum your first post should be a short profile about you and your Tenyo
Greg C
Charter Member

Greg C

Post by Greg C » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:02 pm

I got a magic punch-out book when I was five. I could not read, but my older brother "helped" me with it. He read through each effect and told me it was "no good." He did show me how to do the Wiz Escape. It is the cardboard slide which escapes from a holder with "V"-shaped slots and a brass fastener. I was fascinated by this.

Later I got the Sneaky Pete's magic set with a mirror box. I was old enough to read by then.

In 1966 the family moved to Birmingham, Al. for a year. I visited an actual magic counter (Mehr's Music Store). I ended up with quite a few more things. Mostly they were the standard Grant's Temple Screen, Crystal Silk Cylinder, Strat-O-Spheres, Candy Factory and other items. I believe the first Tenyo item was Match to Flower in a little red box. The wooden sand frame followed. At $4.25 it was an exceptionally good value even in those days.

The family moved to Louisiana, I attended the University of Wisconsin and moved to Houston where I could stay an my brother's house while I looked for a job.

Most of the Tenyo items I obtained when they were first manufactured. I don't know how many I have because my original inventory list did not contain maker names. They are mixed in with everything else.

When I "got out of magic" in 1984, I regret I sold the Side Track.

I am now in a medium-sized town Louisiana.