BluBob from USA

After being approved to join this forum your first post should be a short profile about you and your Tenyo
BluBob

BluBob from USA

Post by BluBob » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:49 am

Juggler.jpg
Greetings JohnM, et., al.

Thrilled to find this site.

I hope to contribute thoughts, comments, and observations when appropriate.

I am a Blues Guitarist with a lifetime interest in Magic/Mentalism. I began playing Guitar at age eight. (8) Also, around that same time, I became interested in Magic and was mentored by the late Robert Nelson. The other big influence (and friend) was the late, great Mentalist Al Mann.

I was introduced to some early Tenyo effects, and remember thinking how clever they were.

I am also a Photographer, who became an early digital adapter. I have worked with PhotoShop since it's first introduction in 1990. My traditional darkroom gave way to new technology by 1995. I built my first computer in 1986 from scratch.

That's about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BluBob on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
and now, on with the show ...

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: BluBob from USA

Post by JohnM » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:32 am

Welcome Bob,

I am glad that you found us.

I love working with Photoshop as well.

John

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:57 am

Thanks John, and once again, thanks for the latest email with that nice surprise!

Steffen from Germany

Post by Steffen from Germany » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:10 am

Hello BluBob, I'm new here too, so greetings from another newcomer.

Having been mentored by Robert Nelson must have given you a great start in mentalism. Last year, with a rekindled interested in cold reading, I read his "The Art of Mentalism" again. Great stuff, and his way of thinking is still fresh and valid, don't you think?

By the way, when I became deeply interested in Tenyo, I was surprised how many mentalism effects they've published over the years. It would be interesting to know how you judge them.

Regards, Steffen
Last edited by Steffen from Germany on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:25 am

Welcome Bob,

Nice to have you here and I believe you are a great artist. Having music, magic, photography and design skills make the life perfect and very2 interesting. It is a nice way to enjoy the life.

Vic

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:05 am

Greetings Steffen,

Robert Nelson had a magic shop here in Ohio, which was fascinating. As you know, Mr. Nelson was "all in" when it came to "Mentalism." I happen to have old manuscripts, books, pamphlets, etc., which introduced me to an interesting wealth of "mentalism" knowledge.

I really do not judge Tenyo, nor any other trick so as to make a comparison. I simply accept each effect on it's own merit. An effect will either work in accordance to my taste or not.

AL MANN: here is a link to Al Mann -http://www.zem.demon.co.uk/almann.htm-
If you scroll down to the "KOLOPHON" book you will see that Al released an effect of mine called "The Kolophon." in 1980.

Our Band performed in Berghausen Germany (so very beautiful) a couple of years ago. Then we stayed in Munich for a few days before returning home. I LOVED the Technical Museum (Deutsches Museum) in Munich, which is a just amazing.

Happy New Year to you, and will look forward to seeing you on the Tenyo boards.

BluBob
Happy New Year

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:20 am

Juggler.jpg
VictorS wrote:Welcome Bob,

Nice to have you here and I believe you are a great artist. Having music, magic, photography and design skills make the life perfect and very2 interesting. It is a nice way to enjoy the life.

Vic
Thank you for the welcome Victor.

I have always been grateful to have been given the gift of "self expression." I believe that emotion, combined with tools of creativity, and a passionate pursuit of excellence can lead to a creative result.

Kind Regards,
BluBob

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:21 am

Bob if you're ever in London I'll take you to "ain't nothin but blues" my favourite blues bar. It's a bit of a squeeze but well worth it :)
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:27 am

Thank you Simon. I would be thrilled to take you up on that offer!

Once again, thanks, and Happy New Year ~ :lol: ~

Shan

Post by Shan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:12 pm

welcome!!!!great to have you here!