Greetings!

After being approved to join this forum your first post should be a short profile about you and your Tenyo
anthonymarconi

Greetings!

Post by anthonymarconi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:52 am

Hello. My name is Anthony Marconi. :geek:

I've been performing magic for 40 years, my main venue being kids events, but have also performed at nightclubs, corporate events and resorts. Throughout my career I've had the great fortune of learning from, and sharing ideas with Doug Henning, Steve Dacri, Dave Cresey, and many others, and of course my mentor Bob Porter, who in the early 1900's started the Worcester, MA chapter of the Society of American Magicians alongside his good friend, Harry Houdini. Thanks to Bob, I became an active member of the Society of American Magicians and The Clowns of America International for several years, getting involved in numerous events.

Tenyo magic was a huge part of my learning material during the 70's. When I worked for Steve Dacri in one of his two magic shops, I think I bought every effect on the market at that time. And as many who didn't realize they would be such a collectable, I passed most on to friends or ended up selling them. The reason I've always liked Tenyo effects is the mechanics or gimmicks that make them work. As a mechanical engineer, I was, and still am intrigued by what makes an effect or illusion work as much as performing it. Instead of buying them, I built a Zig Zag Lady, Sub Trunk, Shadow box and several other stage illusions just so I could know the illusion inside and out before performing it.

I've just begun collecting Tenyo and hope to learn a lot from all of you so I can build the collection with confidence. My mystery possession right now is a mis-printed Silk From Hanky box that I hope turns out to be highly collectable. Hope to see you on the forums.

VictorS

Re: Greetings!

Post by VictorS » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:43 am

Welcome on board Anthony ! Great to have experienced magician joining the forum. Sure you have so many great ideas. It`s a good start to join the forum while you start collecting Tenyo. There are so many things have been explored, discussed and shared. Enjoy the reading ;)

Victor

anthonymarconi

Post by anthonymarconi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:47 am

Thank You! Glad to be here.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Welcome to the forums!
Where's my colon?!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi Anthony, welcome on this forum! Wow, you really are a pro. I did some Googling :) And I'm very happy to discover that your kid shows are always friendly, no things that frighten children like big bangs I've once seen doing a terrible kids magician.

Great that even a professional magician like you still loves the small Tenyo tricks, because of their often ingenious working! I am a lousy amateur magician, also loving the cleverness of Tenyo and other tricks.

My focus is now on making magic tricks from Lego or LaQ, although I am a slow developer :0

Just finished a great LaQ Attaboy-like item, will post a video soon!

Nothing is more satisfying than making things yourself, like you did!

Have fun and loads of information here!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:48 am

Welcome Anthony! If you are a fan of Tenyo you have a wealth of information and expertise at your fingertips now! Hope you have fun here :)
Si
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:46 am

Welcome Anthony!

anthonymarconi

Post by anthonymarconi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:11 am

Thank you all for the welcome!

BluBob