A big hello from a fellow Tenyo addict!

After being approved to join this forum your first post should be a short profile about you and your Tenyo
Steve S.

A big hello from a fellow Tenyo addict!

Post by Steve S. » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:36 pm

I am delighted to join this fine group of Tenyo enthusiasts! It's great to be in a place where someone can discuss Tenyo (and related topics) and express their opinions without fear of being disrespected. The way everyone is treated here makes it a very special place.

You are a terrific group of people and I look forward to joining in on the many discussions which take place here.

Believe it or not, I have been around Tenyo from T-1. Many years ago, I worked in a magic shop and we carried Tenyo. It was interesting watching them arrive and checking them out. Of course, T-1, Thimble was not a highlight. A thimble and a tiny sheet of instructions. My my...

But it got much better very quickly! Silk Serenade, What's Next, Crystal Tube, and others were welcome arrivals for me. I immediately began using those in my children's show. When Crazy Spots arrived, it replaced an earlier version we carried and we sold many of them.

So, I am excited to become a member and hope that I can contribute worthwhile posts which this forum certainly deserves.
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Re: A big hello from a fellow Tenyo addict!

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Wow you are lucky to witness the evolution of the company from the beginning.....is a long and awesome trip!!....welcome to the forum!!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:26 pm

Welcome Steve! So ... you have obtained all Tenyos from the beginning? :)

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Thank you very much for the welcome Roberto. I really do appreciate it!

At that time, I could never have imagined that Tenyo would last so long and become so important to people like us. There was something very special and interesting about their magic. You just knew that what they were doing was in a class by itself.

Please allow me to thank you for all of your absolutely fantastic demos. You are so great at it and your adorable son is truly a blessing. So cute and so smart!! In your hands, he will be a very talented magician just like you.

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Thank you very much for the greeting Rob!

No, unfortunately not. Early on, I only bought the ones I would use. Then, when the shop closed, I lost touch with Tenyo releases for a very long time. When I finally got interested in Tenyo again, I had already missed many of their releases.

I have caught up to some extent but I am missing many and lots of them are the really important ones we all want. I always tell people that my Tenyo collection is modest but I enjoy the ones I have and do fill in T numbers when I can.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:44 pm

Steve S. wrote:Thank you very much for the welcome Roberto. I really do appreciate it!

At that time, I could never have imagined that Tenyo would last so long and become so important to people like us. There was something very special and interesting about their magic. You just knew that what they were doing was in a class by itself.

Please allow me to thank you for all of your absolutely fantastic demos. You are so great at it and your adorable son is truly a blessing. So cute and so smart!! In your hands, he will be a very talented magician just like you.
Thank you for watching them!!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Welcome Steve, great introduction :)
You will love it here I'm sure. as you said, it's a friendly place and there's not many of those on the internet!
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Welcome on board Steve...sure you will enjoy being here in Tenyo Planet ;) :)

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:07 pm

Not many is correct! Thanks for the welcome Simon!

The work you do creating magical props is a thing of beauty. Unique designs with interesting themes. You are a credit to the art of magic!

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:10 pm

Thank you Victor! It's a privilege to be a member of this quality group.

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:33 pm

A warm welcome to you, Steve! I'm sure that you'll enjoy yourself here. Plenty of knowledgeable folks and interesting conversations.

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:40 pm

Thank you Evan! I do expect to learn a great deal here. A very deep well of knowledge lives on this forum!

I am having a great time already just reading all of the wonderful greetings I have received. It's very much appreciated.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:18 am

Steve and I met a couple of times to trade Tenyo which helped me get a great start to my collection.

Steve sells Tenyo too.

Steve, once you become a full member (almost there already) you will have access to the members only section which includes a Buy/Sell/Trade area.

Welcome Steve.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:14 am

Welcome Steve, and thanks for the kind words! Glad to have you aboard! You'll need LOADS of time to read everything that has been posted here since the start of the forum, but it's so worth it :)

By the way Steve, are you I.M. Magician on Genii and/or Randlmagicsellers? If so, we had contact a few times in the past :) I have had contact with so many people over the last decade it's hard for me to tell who is who :)

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:15 am

I am happy to hear that I played a role in building your Tenyo collection John.

I joined this forum for the pleasant friendship it offers but will certainly make whatever Tenyo I have available to members at the best prices possible. Family discounts... ;)

Great to be here with all of the fellow Tenyoites!

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:20 am

Thanks for the welcome David! Yes, those guys are me.

David has kindly helped me by providing needed instructions for some Tenyos. I should learn how to read Japanese and stop bothering you for the English versions. :lol:

By the way, your website is a terrific place! I have visited there many times.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:37 am

Hello Steve, and welcome. If you are who I think you are, I recommended that you join the FSO site, and have enjoyed dealing with you many times. You have already been a great help to me.

A ~BIG~ welcome,
BluBob~
and now, on with the show ...

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:17 am

Hi Robert and thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, I am who you think I am and it's great to hear that I have been helpful to you. It's a blessing to help others in a Tenyo way.

I am hoping to have the opportunity to see you play that blues guitar in person in the not too distant future! A fun time is guaranteed.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:08 am

Hi Steve and a very very warm welcome,i live in the uk and believe i have bought some Tenyo from you b4!! you seem like a top guy! enjoy your time here mate. best wishes Gaz .

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:15 am

Hi Gaz and thank you for the wonderful welcome and kind compliment. I appreciate it very much!

I am already having a great time here! What a terrific place!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Welcome to the forums!

As someone who is trying to build a kids show using Tenyo tricks (and also a super beginner as far as performing is concerned), what would you recommend for tricks? And performance advice, since Tenyo is mostly close-up effects. Have they worked out pretty well on your end?
Where's my colon?!

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome Brett!

I always felt that when performing for children, it's best to use apparatus which is colorful and visually satisfying to keep the audience interested. Also, patter which the children can relate to is very important. You want to tell them stories which tap into their imagination. That way, their attention span will be enhanced.

My children's shows have never been compatible with close-up effects. I have always had a number of children sitting in front of me in rows in a parlor type situation. Therefore, I never found close-up as being suitable for entertaining children. So unfortunately, most Tenyo effects don't fall under the usable category at least for me.

Tenyo's What's Next for example, is perfect! That is my favorite Tenyo! Silk Sereade used to be perfect when children lived in a world where records were everywhere.

When selecting effects, please keep in mind the age of the children and whether or not they will be capable of understanding what takes place.

I hope that helps! :)