Jay From P-Field NJ

After being approved to join this forum your first post should be a short profile about you and your Tenyo
JayGhost80

Jay From P-Field NJ

Post by JayGhost80 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:06 pm

First off I would like to say thank you all for having me at this very awesome forum.

I have only started collecting Tenyo over the last year. I am a magic enthusiast and believe Tenyo's are a great combo of magic and a reminder of childhood. I remember seeing someone perform the crystal cleaver when I was younger and being amazed by how magical this tiny stage illusion like toy was. I had no clue how it worked and at the time didn't want to know. It was magic.

My top three favorite Tenyo's that I own are metal matrimony, eclipse, and billscape. My least favorites if i had to choose would be the puzzling queen and ghost cards.

Right now I'm very much into learning card tricks especially packet tricks. The late Aldo Colombini, Nick Trost, John Bannon and Peter Pelikaan are in my opinion the best with packets.

Thanks

Jay

Shan

Re: Jay From P-Field NJ

Post by Shan » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Hello welcome!!!!!

Mike H

Post by Mike H » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:12 pm

hola, amigo!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Welcome to the club Jay.....you are on the right planet to have some fun. I love packet card trick too but it is something that we need to practice regularly or we will forget all the moves and routine. For example I have practiced the Queen`s Debate By J.C. Wagner for several times....but now I forget already all sequence :?

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:17 am

Welcome Jay :!: :) :) :)
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:29 am

Hi jay! Are you the same chap who asked about Houdin's cards on YouTube? Nice to have you here. I also find packet tricks a great deal of fun to learn. If you want one to test you memory and manipulation skills, try and grab spreadwave my matieu bich, it's Killer when you nail it. Plus tenyo started producing it so you can legitimately add it to your collection :)
Deep 3, strange travellers and twilight angels are three I picked up recently too, all great effects too, just don't leave the deep three instructional DVD lying around as it looks like a rudie movie.
Now you see me...

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:40 am

Yes, Simon that was me...I'm still waiting for you to make them bad boys for sale. I did acquire Houdin's Protean pack of cards from Gary Plant's site. Are you familiar it? It's an easy and fun trick to do.

The spreadwave I hadn't heard of till you mentioned it, it looks killer. I do like how deep 3 was simplified from earlier versions. I have deep astonishment II with the gypsy cards and leather wallet. That one really messes with peoples brains. I have seen the demos for twilight angels and strange travelers, both look solid. I figured out how travelers works. Kind of an expansion on the old princess card trick, but not exactly the same method.

I recently picked this up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pMEoCY62yM It's a very simple gimmick but is really pretty cool. Reminds me of some of the old gimmick card tricks from the 20's and 30's but I haven't seen a gimmick exactly like this before. I've also been considering Loxley By david Forrest http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18368

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:13 am

thought u recognised your photo ;) that trick looks cool, the video certainly sells it! so do you says show 5 identical cards at the end or is that the best 'out'?
I trying to find a manufacturer for Houdin's cards, this forum will be the first place I announce it if I'm lucky enough to get some interest, watch this space :)
Now you see me...

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:59 am

Yea, basically if they choose a card that isn't the one you have duplicates of Say your dupes are the ace of hearts And they say they chose the 7 of diamonds, your out is to say, well its quite impossible that you could have chosen that card. As you can see all of these cards are the ace of hearts you must be mistaken. Without getting the prediction part right it still seams impossible but if they pick the right one skulls will be crushed. The demo video of course shows that perfect scenario which is only a 1 in 5 chance.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:38 am

Welcome Jay and thanks for the information!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:51 am

Welcome Jay!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:43 am

Welcome neighbor.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:47 am

Welcome along jay,i hope you have a great time here,regards Gaz.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi Jay, finally another member with its own face on the forum ;), welcome, we needed new fresh blood here, and there you are!
Yeah like Victor already said, packet tricks are great, I practiced a lot of them for instance John Bannons Twisted sisters, Onosaka's Bicycle built for five and BacKings, the great Tonte of course, and Backs to the future. but you must perform them often, well, welcome the the forum!

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:52 pm

I have about 30 or so packet tricks..I try to run through them daily if possible. I'm a little nuts, but the constant fiddling late at night does keep my brain and body busy which helps keep the demons from the door. :twisted:

Of course my picture isn't me ;) It's Nat M. Wills an old Vaudeville performer who also made some recordings in the teens and early twenty's for Vocalion records. Oddly he does look a bit like a mix between a young version of my father and Charlie Manson, of course only if they were an early 20th century tramp as well. :-)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:22 am

Welcome to the forums!

And a packet trick fan to boot!

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of packet tricks, so I'll probably pick your head a bit.
Where's my colon?!

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Hey Brett h. A lot of people worry about packet tricks and some think they're lame but they are a good interlude between other full deck card tricks and can even be a good way to switch out a a gaffed deck for a clean one as well. Do a gaffed deck trick pull out the little packet wallet and then non chalant the deck in the pocket. After the packet effect is over pull out clean deck. I also like the packet tricks because they are quick very visual typically and have a pretty big impact on lay people.

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:33 pm

I had mentioned my love for packet tricks. Here is a classic Colombini trick "jesters" the video is my performance of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xafp9bp ... e=youtu.be

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:59 pm

I like your performance because it looks very natural!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:37 pm

JayGhost80 wrote:I had mentioned my love for packet tricks. Here is a classic Colombini trick "jesters" the video is my performance of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xafp9bp ... e=youtu.be
The late Colombini should be proud of you Jay. As Rob said, very natural and it looks really magical ;) You must be practicing it all the time.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 am

Very smooth performance and really stunning. I love it! Thanks for sharing Jay :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:12 am

I watched that clip once and thought "that was was really cool" then i saw everyone saying well done and looked back, I hadnt realisd it was YOU, nice one mate! Im rediscovering my love of packet tricks, NFW is one of my faves
Now you see me...

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:43 pm

yes, practice, practice, practice. :)

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Welcome! I also live in NJ.