T-246 Trap Box

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-246 Trap Box

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
7%
08 Excellent
29%
07 Very Good
29%
06 Pretty Good
14%
05 Good
7%
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
14%
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 14

Greg C
Charter Member

Re: T-246 Trap Box

Post by Greg C » Sun May 24, 2015 6:06 pm

There is a big difference between silicon and silicone. A silicon spray is what a sand blaster makes.

JamesMA

Post by JamesMA » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:46 am

At first, I found this very hard to work. I think because I am left handed. After practicing MANY times, It is much easier to work now. I dont know if I became stronger or the spring became weaker, but it works like a charm now.
The only real problem I had with this was the 'rattle' sounded nothing like the 'ring'. After experimenting with different items, I discovered that a piece of Bazooka bubble gum makes the perfect sound. So now I use it to 'teleport' a piece of gum, whichI find is a perfect segue into some other gum effects I do.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:14 pm

And you can chew the gum afterward! :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:20 pm

I totally agree about the rattle not matching the ring. I'm going to try out that gun idea. good shout :)
Now you see me...

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:11 pm

I don't have Trap Box yet. But I surely want one.

Simon, watch out with that GUN experiment (oh, I hate those automatic spelling correctors!)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:32 pm

oops!
Now you see me...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Some boxes are just very tight. You have to loosen them up a little.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:58 am

The tight trap box tends to loosen when blasted by Simon's gun maneuver. ~ :roll: ~
and now, on with the show ...

BluBob

Re: T-246 Trap Box - making it less hard

Post by BluBob » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:40 am

SimonC wrote:I totally agree about the rattle not matching the ring. I'm going to try out that gun idea. good shout :)
==============================================================

I found that if I placed a THICK/WIDE Rubber Band around the box and pulled while putting pressure on the Rubber Band from below, that the gimmick works MUCH EASIER. I experimented by placing the Rubber Band both vertically and horizontally. I also found that when holding the gimmick as far to the right as possible the sound improved immensely. (with the Rubber Band wrapped horizontally, this is very easy)

Also when shaking the box with the original ring inside, you can muffle the sound to more closely match the Gimmick sound by holding the box in different ways. (holding more of the box, and with different grips)

Furthermore, the gimmick sound can be more closely matched by trying different rings. (a more massive ring will change the sound)

I relate my Rubber Band idea to that Rubber "thingie" which helps open hard-to-open screw off tops.

If you re-read the original instructions, you will see where/how Rubber Band use is suggested. You will need to adapt the Rubber Band use to suit your personal presentation of this very cool effect.
and now, on with the show ...

VictorS

Re: T-246 Trap Box - 2nd Version

Post by VictorS » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:54 am

Hallo everyone,

We had a discussion that it is quite challenging to operate Trap Box especially to activate the gimmick. I just ordered my TB last 2 weeks and I open it today. Surprisingly to produce the "magic" sound, it works so easy like pressing a block of cold butter. I realize that maybe Tenyo make some modification on this prop due to complains we had in the previous discussion. The design of the lid is quite different which I think the first one looks much better than the 2nd version. Below are some pics for you to compare. I think the first version has another advantage that the laymen will not detect the secret quickly and easily. But for very young magicians of course this will be a good solution to operate it easily.

Cheers,
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by VictorS on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:36 am

Interesting. I did not know that they changed this. Are you saying that all you have to do is press down on the bottom for it to rattle? It used to work the same as the house in Phantoma.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:16 pm

Elliot W. wrote:Interesting. I did not know that they changed this. Are you saying that all you have to do is press down on the bottom for it to rattle? It used to work the same as the house in Phantoma.
Hi Elliot,
we have to slide the bottom, still the same procedure with the 1st version. But it works much easier and lighter than the 1st one and almost no intense muscle work or finger fitness :) Phantoma is more difficult I would say. Even the embossed Tenyo Trandemark helps the handling too. We can have better grip while executing the move.