T-260 Security Lock

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please rate T-260 Security lock

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
No votes
08 Excellent
33%
07 Very Good
33%
06 Pretty Good
17%
05 Good
8%
04 OK
8%
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 12

SimonC
Global Moderator

T-260 Security Lock

Post by SimonC » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Name: Security Lock

T-Number: T-260

Inventor: Lubor Fiedler

Year: 2015

PICTURES of T-260 Security lock

VIDEO of T-260 Security lock

T-260 Security lock on PLANET TENYO
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: T-260 Security lock

Post by SimonC » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:48 pm

I got this a few days ago and I LOVE IT!! I was unsure as I didn't think I'd be getting much for my money in terms of props but when I discovered the secret I laughed out loud to myself, a) at how devilishly simple it is and b) at how much it works. It really FEELS like magic. This has to be the most workable Tenyo for a while, this took an immediate place in my strolling routine. And so glad it was one of lubors final releases, it's awesome!
I've not tried out the second routine yet but I have to say the lock that comes with it is really nice. Also green is my favourite colour so it's extra cool for me :)
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Simon

So glad to hear you really like this because I have waited a long time for Tenyo to have a lock related trick to be released. I believe this one was supposed to be out a year or so before but dropped it from the line for some reason. That is what made me doubt about getting it. I will for sure grab it up maybe a couple for my other Locksmith friends. :)

Richard
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:53 pm

I like this as well. It's extremely simple but I would have never thought of it. It is definitely one of those tricks that puts a smile on your face when you see how it works.
But I was wondering how workable this would be in the real world. After all you are putting completely non examinable item in the spectators hand. It seems so me you really have to be on top of them to make sure they don't see what they are not supposed to.
I haven't had much of a chance to try it out too much so I am happy to hear that you putting it to use and I would be curious to hear more about your experiences with it.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:46 am

I need to start performing this one because the secret is VERY clever indeed. As written above this is the kind of trick that when I read thorugh the instructions I was like: 'OF COURSE - so simple but so devious!' :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:05 am

I thought of you when I opened it actually Richard, for a magic trick its a really nice quality lock. I'm sure you have a whole bunch of cool locks you could use too. As soon as you open it You'll be looking for potential victims. Fortunately for me I opened mine on my lunch break at work and had the rest of the afternoon and school full of teenagers to try it out on.
If you had some vintage locks johns add on card would work nicely too :)
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/buysell/iimas/#hl
Now you see me...

Richard Kaufman

Re: T-260 Security Lock

Post by Richard Kaufman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Anyone have any problems with the spectator being able to pull the card out? That happens to me once in a while.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:09 am

Jimmy Z wrote:Anyone have any problems with the spectator being able to pull the card out? That happens to me once in a while.
Yes, it did happen to me but she was not able to discover the secret. It will happen if you let the spectator hold the case to long. The instructions states that as soon as the spectator experiences the inability to remove the card, quickly take back the case to avoid discovery of the secret. We usually leave the case in the spectator's hands too long because it is very amusing to watch that she cannot remove the card. The trick can also go wrong if you cannot distinguish the top and bottom of the case.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks for the advice Bob, it did happen to me once too, the only time I performed it :(

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:27 am

It's not easy to "quickly take back the case" if the spectator doesn't feel satisfied in his effort to pull the card out.You might reach for the case and the spectator might get suspicious and become determined to hold on to it!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:59 am

That's spot on Jimmy, and that's what happened to me. You really need 'audience management' ... .

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm

I just got Security Lock in today. What a diabolical little thing it is. I've only got to the first effect and all I can think of is, 'what an evilevil thing'. Absolutely brilliant in its simplicity. I can't wait to try it out, but it's pretty odd in the sense that you essentially hand the gimmick to the spectator. Not a bad thing, but it does open the door to pretty dangerous situations. But as David said, audience management is key to make it a knockout.
Where's my colon?!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:30 pm

This was one of the effects I recently purchased. I can't wait to get it in. It's such a unique effect. Can't wait to play with it