T-204 Escape King

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-204 Escape King

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
No votes
08 Excellent
No votes
07 Very Good
30%
06 Pretty Good
30%
05 Good
10%
04 OK
20%
03 Not So Good
10%
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 10

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

T-204 Escape King

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:32 pm

Name: Escape King

T-Number: T-204

Inventor: Takayuki Kumazawa

Year: 2002

PICTURES of T-204 Escape King

VIDEO of T-204 Escape King

T-204 Escape King on PLANET TENYO

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: T-204 Escape King

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:54 pm

I really like this effect. It's easy to do and for most people this is pretty baffling. There's a litle gimmicked thing envolved which makes the effect work, so clever ... .

In this trick the use of ordinary black plastic also makes sense, other matreials could arouse suspicion.

One of those Tenyo effects where you only need one, this will last a lifetime if you handle it as it should.

I'm giving this a big fat 7.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:40 am

A clever trick. I especially like how the envelope is gimmicked without looking gimmicked. It can be fully examined and you would never notice it.
However I just don't seem to get get great reaction when I perform this for people. They are just not very impressed. Could just be the way I am performing it.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:42 am

For some reason I don't have this one.But if it's as good as David says, I'll put it on my wish list.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:28 am

I always love magical props that looks simple, innocent, could be handed out for examination and baffle the audience. This is one of them. There are 2 routines as you see in the demo. At the first time I saw this released, I was not really convinced, the first routine looked automatically self working. It was like doing ring and rope move using cards and ribbon. But still, a clever invention by using the folder. The second routine baffled me although I had several assumptions on how it works but I was wrong. Very clever indeed. ;)

I just came up with another idea or version which probably our JohnM will love :) As we know already the name of this trick is Escape King and Harry Houdini himself was a well known King of the Escape until today. Here is the quick graphic work I came up with. There should be better design of the old wood trunk or just a simple box and the ribbon act as the rope instead of handcuffs. I believe it fits with the theme and additional story will help to build the routine. Well, just an idea ;)

Cheers,
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:28 am

Victor, wow! Great idea and material, thanks for sharing this!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 am

This looks great Victor! Fantastic idea!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:09 am

Thanks David and Rob :). It`s just the early stage of the idea and still need more improvement on it. Well let`s see :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:34 pm

very very cool vic :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:13 pm

Thanks Simon :)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:56 am

Getting the custom made Houdini cards shouldn't be tough to do, I think. I know there's a few custom card making sites out there. I'm not privy to the prices, but at least the sites exist.

The sleeve, however, might be a bit tricky to pull off. But the Houdini routine with Escape King is brilliant.

I think even if you did it with just the Houdini card, you'd be set and all right. Then again, I don't think we are exactly the 'good enough' type of crowd.

Unfortunately, I don't have Escape King to really a legitimate two cents into the hat. But again, the Houdini routine is brilliant and the graphics, despite you saying they were done quickly, look really good.
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:24 am

What a busy week....thanks Brett for your input. I plan to make one let`s see if I will succeed. Producing this prop will be not so complicated but there will be challenge to find the suitable and durable material. I plan to make it also bigger like jumbo card, so it can be performed not only close up but also stand up.

Wish me luck ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:28 pm

Good luck Victor! By the way, do you have the Escape King yourself???

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Good luck Victor! By the way, do you have the Escape King yourself???
Hi Rob. Unfortunately I haven't own this prop yet but if I am lucky enough to find it with a good price, I will get it. We have a magic community here and some of them are tenyo collectors. One showed me the trick and how it worked. As I mentioned before, at the first time I looked the demo of this trick it didn't convinced me because it looked self working. Any clever spec will realize how it works. That was also the main reason I skipped to buy it that time. Hmmm...my fault :( the trick was actually clever. Tenyo got me again. Thanks David to bring this trick again for my attention which changed my mind. Suddenly the idea of the houdini version also came up to my mind and it fits perfectly to this trick. I want to try make one for myself before I find the genuine one from Tenyo. So if you are lucky to find it Rob...take it. The simplicity will fool you :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:59 am

Ok guys,

I tried to "pull out" all objects from Tenyo Escape King Houdini version picture I showed previously and made it more realistic :)

It is not perfect but it is working. Still many things to improve especially the material. This one made out of paper and cardboard. Plastic would be much better. The ribbon still looks so feminine, I prefer the the dark brown one so it looks more like rope. But unfortunately that`s all material I got at the moment. Let`s see what I can do next, at least I have something to play and show for weekend ;)

Wish you a great weekend guys!

Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

Looking absolutely great already Victor! This is a truly remarkable 'pimped' Tenyo, the whole trick/routine makes so much more sense this way :)
If it is made out of plastic it would be waterproof, and you could even place/hold the trunk with Houdini in a glass of water (an even more spectacular escape!), but that's a bit overdoing it probably :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:50 am

supercool!! this is just what that trick needed. I never bought it even though I like the idea and simplicity of the props, I just never could see it 'exciting' a spectator but you've given it a whole new lease of life :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Yes Victor, your version makes just more sense to the whole effect!
I like it much more than the original!!!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:05 pm

Wow Victor what a wonderful idea and a great job of producing the prop.

I have never tried Escape King. I have a new one waiting to be opened but have not got to it yet.

I will have to open it so I can understand Victor's Add-On.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:24 am

David, Simon, Rob and John, thanks for the compliments. Highly appreciate it. I have performed it in front of my family and added a short story about Houdini, they love it. But as I was afraid previously, after several try outs and performances, the prop is not in a good shape. I should find suitable plastic for this.

John, this is not an Add-On. I would say a remake/ pimp-up Tenyo as David said. But sure we can replace the playing card with the Houdini card as Add-On. I believe you are already the expert for making this ;) I made the Houdini Card double sided, so we don`t have to worry which side should face to the audience and make the handling more easy. I also made this version twice bigger than the Tenyo version so it will be more visual for bigger crowd. The width could not bigger than our stretch palm otherwise we will have another handling problem.

Glad you like it guys. Thanks so much !

Vic

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:39 pm

That is awesome! I love it when someone takes a Tenyo and improves on it exponentially! Glad to hear that it's working out so well. And the routine utilizing a Houdini card is absolutely brilliant.

I wonder if there is a ribbon with a rope or chain pattern to go more along with the theme.

EDIT: rope pattern ribbon: http://www.zazzle.com/rope_ribbon_blank ... 3992163609
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:17 am

Brett H wrote:That is awesome! I love it when someone takes a Tenyo and improves on it exponentially! Glad to hear that it's working out so well. And the routine utilizing a Houdini card is absolutely brilliant.

I wonder if there is a ribbon with a rope or chain pattern to go more along with the theme.

EDIT: rope pattern ribbon: http://www.zazzle.com/rope_ribbon_blank ... 3992163609
Thank`s a lot for the link and compliment,Brett. It looks awesome and it will be the perfect ribbon for the Houdini`s Escape King. :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:14 am

Hi again everyone,

I came across with an idea of close up illusion using the Tenyo Escape King and Illusionarium. The idea suddenly poped up when I played with the Escape King. I came to another effect by borrowing Tenyo Escape King packaging and made it become a new trick. So in the routine I did not perform Escape King effect with the sleeve and ribbon but I use the whole packaging as an illusion trunk which I thought fits with the name of the trick itself. I came up with first idea using Tenyo Card Case to make the King appears on the other side but I changed my mind by using Tenyo Illusionarium which I thought more visual for the appreance and the prop itself really looks like a mini illusion.

So this is a quick effect and I hope you enjoy the performance and the idea behind it .

Have a great day everyone ! :)

Cheers,
Victor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdl624lBJA