T-153 Diabolicus

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-153 Diabolicus

10 One of the Best
20%
09 Superior
10%
08 Excellent
30%
07 Very Good
10%
06 Pretty Good
20%
05 Good
10%
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 10

MerlinsMagicShopMike

Re: T-153 Diabolicus

Post by MerlinsMagicShopMike » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:31 pm

The magic strips that make this trick possible are easily made and all the required materials are available online. I had one that was damaged and repaired it, now it works better than new!

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:01 pm

MerlinsMagicShopMike wrote:The magic strips that make this trick possible are easily made and all the required materials are available online. I had one that was damaged and repaired it, now it works better than new!
======================================================

Could you please post links to the magnetic strips, I would love to fix mine.

Mine is hazy, and hard to read.

Thank you very much,
Bob~
and now, on with the show ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:10 am

MerlinsMagicShopMike wrote:The magic strips that make this trick possible are easily made and all the required materials are available online. I had one that was damaged and repaired it, now it works better than new!
:idea: That would be the discovery of the century! The reason being that both Tenyo Elite and (I believe) Richard Kaufman once said these strips are impossible to produce because some materials are not available.
So yes, any links would definately be appreciated :)

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Yes I would like to see a link to what has been used and works like the original or better too.
I sent links to this kind of material to Peter Longwind to try never heard if they tried it or not.

http://www.amazon.com/CMS-Magnetics%C2% ... B000UV6ZPS

http://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Viewing- ... TJV4SKVSD9

Looks to me like it would work.

Richard
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:42 am

Richard W wrote:Yes I would like to see a link to what has been used and works like the original or better too.
I sent links to this kind of material to Peter Longwind to try never heard if they tried it or not.

http://www.amazon.com/CMS-Magnetics%C2% ... B000UV6ZPS

http://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Viewing- ... TJV4SKVSD9

Looks to me like it would work.

Richard
==============================================================
Richard, et., al,

Are we to assume that some type of magnetic pattern would be visible, (on the magnetic film strip) depending on how the block is orientated inside the covered box? Would the magnetic patterns show up in different places so that the "tell" is apparent according to the orientation?

Pretty cool if that would work ...
and now, on with the show ...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:48 am

sweeeeet!
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Point was will that material on Amazon work through the plastic case with the weak magnets used in Diabolicus. Some brands the magnet needs to be right up against the film to even work at all. I don't have a Diabolicus to check it or I would have that answer. And what to do about the segmented lines.

Hope MerlinsMagicShopMike will enlighten us what he found that works and does it have segmented lines like the original strips.

Let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:27 pm

this could get very interesting indeed!
Now you see me...

MerlinsMagicShopMike

Post by MerlinsMagicShopMike » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:45 pm

The strips are made of 2 different materials combined. Magnetic viewing film is available from K&J Magnetics online for $4.50 US per 4inX3in piece. The other material is vinyl magnetic strips with peel and stick on one side.This unfortunately will have to be acquired by sheer trial and error as I can't remember where I got mine, but I know it was through Ebay. The vinyl magnetic material is like the flexible magnet stuff that holds your refrigerator door shut but much thinner and with a peel and stick surface on one side. If you get the correct stuff you will find that when you hold it up against the magnetic viewing film that there is a striped pattern in the magnetic fields in this stuff that is necessary for it to work correctly and if you get the right stuff will be the identical pattern that is on the Tenyo trick! just stick these two materials together with some clear glue and you are good to go, the peel and stick side can be used to attach it to whatever you want.Whenever another magnetic field comes close it will cause the striped pattern to become fuzzy and dark exactly like the original Tenyo trick.The magnetic vinyl material came in 8 x 10 inch sheets for like 5 for $6.00. I did have to order it several times from different places before I finally got the stuff with the right stripped pattern,unfortunately due to the nature of Ebay,I can't remember where that was but it only took a couple of tries before I got the right stuff as it is pretty common.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:26 pm

MerlinsMagicShopMike

Thanks for that information.

You could check in your My Ebay under Purchase History and see who that was you got the magnetic strips from. ;)

I have seen that is how they make the flexible magnets it is a series of parallel lines.
You can place 2 pieces together the slide them it jumps from line to line.

Hummm hope someone finds the right combination again. :mrgreen:

MerlinsMagicShopMike

Post by MerlinsMagicShopMike » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Tried checking my purchase history but can't remember witch one it was. In any event it came from a private individual rather than a company, so I doubt whether it would be available again. Almost all of the samples that I got contained the pattern but some were closer than others.I think any of it would work though,but I was trying to match the pattern of the original.