T-160 Fantastica

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-160 Fantastica

10 One of the Best
15%
09 Superior
15%
08 Excellent
23%
07 Very Good
31%
06 Pretty Good
15%
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 13

JohnM
Site Admin

T-160 Fantastica

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:44 am

Name: Fantastica

T-Number: T-160

Inventor: Michiaki Kishimoto

Year: 1993

PICTURES of T-160 Fantastica

VIDEO of T-160 Fantastica

T-160 Fantastica on PLANET TENYO

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: T-160 Fantastica

Post by SimonC » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:55 am

I have something in the works for this one... watch this space ;)...
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:51 am

SimonC wrote:I have something in the works for this one... watch this space ;)...
(...feeling exciting :) )

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:00 am

For me Fantastica is a very good trick, the principal is great. What bothers me after looking at the demo video, if we show a clear case but the middle partition is solid black and after the guy insert the card with the back face up, how can the face appear on the other side. The layman will think it doesn`t make any sense or the magician can say, well it`s magic. Or maybe I think the handling should be different. that the case should be completely lay down on a black close up pad, so it will give the impression that the case is empty.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:18 pm

To me, this is one of those tricks That is more interesting when you know how it works.
When I do this for people I get pretty good reactions when when I show them how it works then they are really amazed.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:11 pm

This is indeed more a magician's magic item because of the very special material used.

Victor is right about the demo video showed above. This performance actually makes no sense. It's a card change item, and should be used that way.

And Simon ... what are you up to ??? I'm really curious now! I hope you will be developing a whole new routine around this item :)

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:50 am

This is a very clever piece of apparatus whose successful outcome depends on a great presentation. The trick itself should not be blamed for this.
and now, on with the show ...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:16 am

Elliot W. wrote:To me, this is one of those tricks That is more interesting when you know how it works.
When I do this for people I get pretty good reactions when when I show them how it works then they are really amazed.
I have to agree on this point because it happened to me at the first time I held fantastica in my hand. I still had no idea how make the card vanish until I realized that this prop used the Hyper Vision technology. :)

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:43 am

I respectfully submit that the 2nd routine on the T-160 instruction sheet, is very good. I understand that the routine requires requires one simple force, (and a freely selected card) but the routine makes perfect sense, and if followed as written seems very powerful. Learning this presentation, might "spark" other cool performance modifications. On the other hand, maybe I think "Fantastica" is too fantastic!
and now, on with the show ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:46 am

I have never been a big fan of Fantastica as a stand alone effect. The main reason being the heat is completely on the gimmicked case. No way you can give it out for examination, and you have to be carefull how you hold it. On top of that it makes a 'clicking' sound, which can be camouflaged of course.

Still, when you use the case as a utility device in a long(er) routine with some decent sleight of hand it could be something very usefull. That way you only use the case briefly and the heat is less on it.

I also agree that it is something that is pretty cool to see HOW it works, certainly back in the days when it was released.

I don't think this is one of those must buys from the past. The WOW gimmick by Masuda basically does the same (well, not exactly of course), but is much more visual, looks a lot less 'gimmicked' and can be briefly examined by spectators.

Fantastica was a very cool device when it was first released, but there are better alternatives thesedays.

I'm giving this one a 6, because it, well, still is 'pretty good' :D

PS: Bob, I don't have the instructions by hand but will certainly look at the routine you're suggesting. I might change my mind afterwards :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:44 am

I use this to reveal a forced card. First I say, here is your card showing the wrong card and then I spill out there correct card. I gave it a 7 because it is so Tenyo and I don't think there is anything else out there like it but I could be wrong about that.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:49 pm

There are some excellent routines for "Fantastica" in Tenyoism. Angelo Carbone's Shrinking Card is quite good. I think the prop is better than people give it credit for. I do it for folks all the time at home.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Here's a routine I found by accident with two Fantastica cases = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nOIzLeGpMg .

Ron Leshem

Post by Ron Leshem » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:38 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Here's a routine I found by accident with two Fantastica cases = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nOIzLeGpMg .
I love that routine! Such an excellent use of disparate, and in this case, duplicated gimmicks. I'm assuming that this performance could be followed up with Angelo Carbone's 'shrinking card' effect from Tenyoism (referenced earlier in the thread by Richard Kaufman), which would be another cool place to take this effect.