T-148 Mira-Metal

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-148 Mira-Metal

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
36%
08 Excellent
27%
07 Very Good
9%
06 Pretty Good
18%
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
9%
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 11

JohnM
Site Admin

T-148 Mira-Metal

Post by JohnM » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 am

Name: Mira-Metal

T-Number: T-148

Inventor: Atshusi Fukano

Year: 1990

PICTURES of T-148 Mira-Metal

VIDEO of T-148 Mira-Metal

T-148 Mira-Metal on PLANET TENYO

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: T-148 Mira-Metal

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 pm

I find this to be one of those little ingenious little tricks from the good old days ... . A quick trick, yes, but a really good one.
Unfortunately you can't open the case at the end, which isn't that big of a deal to be honest.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:01 pm

The few times I've done this trick for laypeople, about half the time they were suspicious of the case at the end. I managed this by using sleight of hand, but it put me off the trick.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:24 pm

It's one of those tricks which reminds me of how clever Tenyo items are.
and now, on with the show ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:48 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:The few times I've done this trick for laypeople, about half the time they were suspicious of the case at the end.
For the fun of it I took this to school this morning and performed. It could me my style and routine, but indeed, all the heat was on the case. I usually don't get a lot of 'show me this or that' response, even from students, but this one ... oh boy :(
Sleight of hand with 15 students surrounding me isn't an option for me ;) It's 40 °C here in Belgium and students have their final exams (actually they're working on chemistry as I type this which is MY course mouhahaha :twisted: ), so they weren't exactly in a good mood, could also has something to do with it - they wanted to BUST me :lol:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:11 pm

I love the idea of this trick, it's VERY high up my list of most wanted Tenyo. I did try to make a version once but it was a catastrophe!
David I feel your pain with school, the heat wave is in full swing and my classes also have their final exams at the moment. Everyone's all shades of crazy over here, roll on Summer!
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:02 pm

I tried to look again this prop more into the detail which actually I missed before. In general the effect is quick and simple and therefore probably doesn`t make the effect really special. But if I look into the construction of the prop, everything must be precisely made in order to make it works. Not only the gimmick plate but also the casing. Every millimeter counts to get this works and runs smoothly. It`s very challenging to make this by yourself as Simon mentioned above. We need to practice little bit the handling because we need to hold the coin ALMOST all of the time but it`s not a big issue. The other good thing that Tenyo also mentioned how to clean up this after the performance so everything can be handed out for examination. For the effect, I rated it 7 but for the construction of the prop, I rated it 9.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:02 am

I really like how compact the finished item is considering all that's going on.
If anyone has a spare for sale or trade let me know!
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:45 am

You're right Victor, there is a way to 'ditch' the gimmick and give everything out for examination ... . Childsplay for an experienced magician :)

And indeed, this is one item, at least in pocket size, that's almost impossible to make from anything else than plastic or metal because of the very tight tolerances. A parlor size could perhaps be made from wood, but there would be no way to ditch the necessary afterwards, which isn't a problem in parlor situations actually.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:38 am

David DeTenyo wrote:You're right Victor, there is a way to 'ditch' the gimmick and give everything out for examination ... . Childsplay for an experienced magician :)
Not really David, no sleight of hand required. If you look into the instruction, we can do the dirty move inside the pocket. Little tilt and the gimmick will release.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:58 am

Ah yes ... the sneeky "let me put it away, or wait, wanna see it?" thingy wingy :D